Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #496
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
got a silly request one for the Fun category.

Calibre is one of the very few, if not the only one where I have left the splash screen active. Dunno why but I like that image

Since this is just for fun I thought it might be better done with a plugin if possible.
If you have calibre opened and not doing anything for x amount of time...let it move that splash screen logo over the screen as a kind of screensaver (without blanking or blacking, just floating over whatever is there.)
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #497
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

a more sensible one. I often have wondered why this wasn't already part of Calibre. (or maybe it is and I ain't realizing it). Calibre is as much a desktop reader as it is a book manager. It's also great that you can access it from any OPDS enabled reader.

A plugin/feature to add the same kind of functionality to Calibre as you get in e.g. Marvin or Stanza or similar opds enabled... in other words, the option to enter an opds feed and browse it's content within Calibre.

The reason, most ereaders will only recognize if you've already downloaded a book before when visiting the feed you downloaded it from. If you visit another OPDS site, it doesn't. So if my opds source on my ereader could always be one and the same (i.e. Calibre), it would make life much easier, because in Calibre I would have much more options to make it recognize a book on whichever OPDS feed it is encountered if that same book is already in the library.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 10-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #498
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Tolino Vision 5
An automated backup solution?

I tend to reformat my system on a regular basis, so I backup my library to a NAS every now and then, using the Save to HDD feature.

Is there a possibility to do this on say, every 100th book via an automated job?
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #499
CarpeDiem71
CarpeDiem71 began at the beginning.

Device: Google NEXUS 7 1st gen / Samsung Galaxy III
Lately, I have been coming across more and more DjVU files other then the regular PDF files. I am not sure if anyone else has had this idea, but would it be possible to have this DjVU as a plugin, and or be able to convert from this file type to another such as PDF or ePub, azw, etc.

Or even incorporated into the calibre operating system?
CarpeDiem71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #500
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiem71 View Post
Lately, I have been coming across more and more DjVU files other then the regular PDF files. I am not sure if anyone else has had this idea, but would it be possible to have this DjVU as a plugin, and or be able to convert from this file type to another such as PDF or ePub, azw, etc.

Or even incorporated into the calibre operating system?
DJVU appears in Preferences-Behaviour->Preferred input order - I think that implies that you can convert DJVU to any of the formats available in Preferences-Behaviour->Preferred output format

If a DJVU can be converted then it should ought be viewable in the calibre viewer - in fact it's the 9th item in the Preferences-Behaviour->Use internal viewer for: list.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #501
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
DJVU appears in Preferences-Behaviour->Preferred input order - I think that implies that you can convert DJVU to any of the formats available in Preferences-Behaviour->Preferred output format

If a DJVU can be converted then it should ought be viewable in the calibre viewer - in fact it's the 9th item in the Preferences-Behaviour->Use internal viewer for: list.

BR
That only works for djvu files that have actual text in them. Image only djvu files (like scans of paper books) will not work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #502
At_Libitum
Addict

In addition, if a djvu file does contain a text layer (most of the scanned book djvu's I downloaded from Archive.org seem to have one) then that text is very often not what you would call the result of proofing. From the few atempts I made I would say it requires a lot of effort to construct a readable epub from a djvu.

As an aside, WinDjView is a free DjVu viewer which also can export the text layer if it is present. And of course can be used as viewer with the "Open With" plugin.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 11-03-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #503
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Plugin Request - Send to Kindle

It would be great if a plugin could integrate the Send to Kindle app into Calibre so you could just press that button and the Send to Kindle interface came up. This would be a great way to send multiple books without having to attach the Kindle to the PC or open many folders to get the mobi files. The nice thing about Send to Kindle is it will store the file in your Amazon archive so the books are available to all your Amazon devices and you can send to as many Amazon devices as you have registered all at once if you like. I don't know if this is possible but hope so.

Last edited by bookfanmd; 11-06-2013 at 10:52 AM.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #504
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
It would be great if a plugin could integrate the Send to Kindle app into Calibre ....
Have you tried the Open With plugin?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #505
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
No, I never thought of that. I'll try this evening.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #506
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
It would be great if a plugin could integrate the Send to Kindle app into Calibre so you could just press that button and the Send to Kindle interface came up. This would be a great way to send multiple books without having to attach the Kindle to the PC or open many folders to get the mobi files. The nice thing about Send to Kindle is it will store the file in your Amazon archive so the books are available to all your Amazon devices and you can send to as many Amazon devices as you have registered all at once if you like. I don't know if this is possible but hope so.
No PI needed if you have set up Sharing by email.

select books: right click: Connect share (the disk drive wit 3 balls above): choose

If Connect share is not there: Preferences: Toolbars: Context menu for books in Library >make it appear in the Right side list
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #507
bookfanmd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I tried the Open With plugin tonight and can not get it to work properly. First of all I couldn't add a new application to the choices in the customization, I would get a menu by right clicking but the dialogue boxes would not open to let me enter a path to the application. Finally wrote over one of the existing choices. When I select one book with a mobi format the SendtoKindle application will open but with Drop Files Here to Send to your Kindle instead of the screen showing the book I had selected. It does not work to drag and drop the book from within the Calibre interface. Selecting multiple books keeps the SendtoKindle option grayed out on the Open With menu. Either I am not doing it right or this is not a workable option.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #508
Jesse Chisholm
Enthusiast
Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

re: auto-backup to NAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofwyr23 View Post
I tend to reformat my system on a regular basis, so I backup my library to a NAS every now and then, using the Save to HDD feature.

Is there a possibility to do this on say, every 100th book via an automated job?
Isn't this something that the OS can be scheduled to do for you?
Not "every 100th book" but certainly periodically, like weekly or monthly.

-Jesse
Jesse Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #509
bookfanmd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No PI needed if you have set up Sharing by email.

select books: right click: Connect share (the disk drive wit 3 balls above): choose

If Connect share is not there: Preferences: Toolbars: Context menu for books in Library >make it appear in the Right side list

I tried this tonight and got it working. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #510
Huisie
Enthusiast
Huisie doesn't litterHuisie doesn't litter

Metadata Sources Presets

I'd like to suggest a plugin for metadata download presets, similar to the "Quick Preferences" plugin.

When downloading metadata for a large amount of books, I use ISBNDB and Goodreads as sources, downloading metadata only, not covers.

I then go through the books to correct missing or inaccurate data. Typically, the first step is to just do the same search again for those.

I then correct books individually and it is here that a preset option would be useful.
- if a book is missing comments, etc., I like to add a couple of sources
- if a book has a poor/missing cover, I spread the search wider with more sources

This does mean that I have to configure the sources quite frequently, which can be tedious.

I an hoping that someone with the technical nous and configure an easier solution - or suggest an existing one that I am unaware of. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Huisie; 01-01-2014 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Add title
Huisie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development