Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
userpaul
userpaul began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500, Ipad 2
Can I transfer books back to calibre?

I have a small problem and would appreciate some help. I normally transfer my books to my sone e-reader with no problems. When i copy the books to my reader I am left with the original in my calibre libarary and a copy on my Sony reader.
Yesterday I wanted to transfer my art and drawing instruction books to my ipad to share with my grandaughter. When I selected the transfer option it actualy moved the books from my calibre libarary to my ipad. This was not really what i wanted to happen but i thought .. no problem i will just copy them back like i can from my sony reader. But when i right mouse click the book to copy to calibre libarary I get a message saying I have to drag the books from the itunes to ipad. Unfortuanatly when i do this all the isbn numbers, covers, book titles etc are gone all i get is the number like "bqzx1235684512." etc.
has all that information been lost?

Any help would be apreciated plz as i dont fancy renaming all the books again.

Thank you
userpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I don't know how it could have moved them. You choose itunes (Connect to iTunes) to receive the files for your iDevice (in the dropdown where the server item is... cant remember,.. nowhere near computer at the mo) and it plants them in your books library in iTunes. Then, you sync via itunes to get them into iBooks. I wouldnt know *how* to move them directly.

In any case, if you sync with itunes now, those books should now be copied to iTunes. Youll have to copy them out to a folder (or not, just tell Calibre where they are) and they will go back to your C library. As for the metadata... thats something you'll have to search out via the edit metadata dialog.

Whatever you did, this time, don't do it again! I'm puzzled about how you managed it.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's why you have a backup of your Calibre library, right? I sincerely hope you do back up something as important as that, and this is why.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote