Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #286
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyshotgun View Post
But i still don't get the usb - I can't find a usb port on my fire.
It's a MircoUSB port, it the same place you plug in the charger. You will need a MicroUSB cord. If you own another Kindle you can use the same cable that came with it. Some cell phones cables will work too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #287
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
The charger port on the Fire is a micro-USB port.
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #288
drjpreston
Enthusiast
drjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire
Quote:
You use the port on the fire that you use to charge it. Plug into the min port then connect the cable to the USB on the Computer. Your fire did not come with this cable. If you have an older Kindle such as the K3 it had a cable with it used for charging it that can be used.

You can also purchase the cable from Amazon for not very much.
drjpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #289
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I downloaded Asphalt 5 which was free from 1mobile about a week ago and I was unable to open it after it installed. I found it using es file explorer today and it is in a directory named "gameloft" in a subdirectory "games". Do I need to move it to run the game?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #290
lennyshotgun
lennyshotgun began at the beginning.

Device: fire
A big Thx to Blossom eand all who helped I Get it

lennyshotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #291
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I downloaded Asphalt 5 which was free from 1mobile about a week ago and I was unable to open it after it installed. I found it using es file explorer today and it is in a directory named "gameloft" in a subdirectory "games". Do I need to move it to run the game?
You could give that a try but I believe that game has a Fire edition that does work. So I'm not sure if the other one will work for the Fire. I got it for 10 cents when the sale was running but it's 99 cents now.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #292
lennyshotgun
lennyshotgun began at the beginning.

Device: fire
It worken once

The first attempt to email to my kindle address (after rem the pdoc tag) I got an email fr kindle saying my personal documents were now archived" and a link to manage your kindle site where i went to personal docs and took option deliver to my kindle - it took hours but it did arrive on the fire - yay
So i tried again with another book. I never got the email but it did arrive in the manage your kindle site, again i did send to my kindle, 3 times now, with 2 dif files - no go, it never arrives in the fire under personal docs and far as i can tell anywhere else.
Did I forget a step?
lennyshotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #293
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The first attempt to email to my kindle address (after rem the pdoc tag) I got an email fr kindle saying my personal documents were now archived" and a link to manage your kindle site where i went to personal docs and took option deliver to my kindle - it took hours but it did arrive on the fire - yay
So i tried again with another book. I never got the email but it did arrive in the manage your kindle site, again i did send to my kindle, 3 times now, with 2 dif files - no go, it never arrives in the fire under personal docs and far as i can tell anywhere else.
Did I forget a step?
You need to sync on the Fire for it to show up.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #294
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoc View Post
Meereshino, how exactly did you do this?

kdoc
ok...
1. top right corner tap the settings (looks like a gear)
2. tap the plus sign (also far top right) for "More"
3. tap the top option, "Help & Feedback"
4. tap "Contact Customer Service" the middle tab at the top
5.Select the relevant choice from the options in the dropdown box under the question "What can i help you with"
6. a second dropdown box will appear with more detail, select one option
7. under "How would you like to contact us?" tap the button "Call us" which is directly under the heading "Phone", on the right hand side. There is also an option for email but unless your issue can hang for several days I would recommend "phone"
8. Pick an option, either left-hand side "right now" or to the right "call in 5 minutes"

And voila. If you pick "right now" your phone will literally begin ringing immediately. And like I said in my original post, there is a confirmation that you are who you say your are but unlike calling other customer service entities, it's over quickly and the call begins with them knowing your exact device and setup without having to do the 21 questions game.

M-
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #295
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
ok...
5.Select the relevant choice from the options in the dropdown box under the question "What can i help you with"
7. under "How would you like to contact us?" tap the button "Call us" which is directly under the heading "Phone", on the right hand side. There is also an option for email but unless your issue can hang for several days I would recommend "phone"
8. Pick an option, either left-hand side "right now" or to the right "call in 5 minutes"

And voila. If you pick "right now" your phone will literally begin ringing immediately. And like I said in my original post, there is a confirmation that you are who you say your are but unlike calling other customer service entities, it's over quickly and the call begins with them knowing your exact device and setup without having to do the 21 questions game.

M-
Awesome!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #296
pohknee
pohknee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
If you press the book picture in the carousel and hold it a minute, a dialogue box should open and give you the option of removing the item from the carousel or deleting it from the machine. When you open that book again, it will put it back in there.
pohknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #297
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
ok...

M-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Awesome!
This feature is available on their website too. I've used it before. Like Merischino said, the callback is immediate.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #298
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
You could give that a try but I believe that game has a Fire edition that does work. So I'm not sure if the other one will work for the Fire. I got it for 10 cents when the sale was running but it's 99 cents now.
What surprised me about those Asphalt 5 files I have in the folder was that I know I uninstalled the app so why were those files sitting in there?

Anywho, I deleted them and downloaded Asphalt 6 Fire edition for 99 cents. I like cheap thrills and it is working fine on the Fire! But I stink at playing it! A popup comes up while I'm playing and I think it says something about a crazy driver.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #299
kdpooh
kdpooh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Quote:
Thanks I got it from the App Store (newer version) for 99 Cents! I'm off to try it!

Update: It works great! THANK YOU!!! Well worth the price.
ok tried to use this to move a couple of books i have on my computer i had converted to mobi file on my kindle dx. Since trying to send to cloud didnt work.
I upload the file to the books area but its not showing. One i put under the books showed in documents i think that might have been a epub file not sure at the moment.

My question is what file format should it be to show under the books area, and what should i use to convert them?
kdpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #300
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdpooh View Post
ok tried to use this to move a couple of books i have on my computer i had converted to mobi file on my kindle dx. Since trying to send to cloud didnt work.
I upload the file to the books area but its not showing. One i put under the books showed in documents i think that might have been a epub file not sure at the moment.

My question is what file format should it be to show under the books area, and what should i use to convert them?
You need to put mobi format for it to show on the book shelf. Once done be sure to restart the Fire for them to show up or you can download File Expert app and use it to open the books with the Kindle app for it to show up as well. See this post for more info.