Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
emt
Nameless Being

Does Kindle App Play Audiobooks?

Title says it all - can you listen to Amazon MP3's if using the Kindle app for Android?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
No, you can install Audible if you want though.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
emt
Nameless Being

Audible Doesn't Work

There's a thread dealing with Audible on XDA-Developers. Basically, no one has been able to get it to work - something having to do with the Phone ID on our NC
Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Audible on a regular basis. It works for me. I haven't done anything special to get it working.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
emt
Nameless Being

SCION, Can You Tell Me..

If you had any difficulty setting it up. I keep getting into a loop when I try to enter my login info and others have described the same issue. Also, what version number of Audible for Android are you using?
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

I have 1.0.3. No issues setting it up. It worked after I enabled Market manually. Remember, I didn't use autonooter.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
emt
Nameless Being

That May Be The Answer

Or, it's possible that changing the phone.apk and telephony provider somehow screws up the telephone ID - I'll have to do a a little detective work.

Thanks for the quick answer
Old 12-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Or, it's possible that changing the phone.apk and telephony provider somehow screws up the telephone ID - I'll have to do a a little detective work.

Thanks for the quick answer
I didn't change those filenames for the battery thing.

I'm cautious about changing filenames when all is working well. I know it's tempting to read what others are doing and follow along. I try to do it only if it'll unlock some needed functionality.

Last edited by SCION; 12-29-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
emt
Nameless Being

I Have A Feeling...

That changing the names is the issue. Well, nothing for it but to wipe and reroot. Aargh!!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Someone posted this on XDA (Anyone got Audible working?):

Quote:
The odd thing of it is that under 0.2 and side-loading the app seemed to work for me. Moving to the latest autonooter however is causing the authentication problem that everyone is having.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
emt
Nameless Being

SCION - Are You on Software..

1.00 or 1.01? It seems obvious to me that Autonooter does something to the Nook that maybe Nooter doesn't do. BUT, I don't know if Nooter 0.2 can be used on an updated Nook Color - have you any idea?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

I'm still on 1.0.0. The instructions don't mention anything about Nooter .2 being for 1.0.0 or 1.0.1. It's my assumption that it doesn't matter because it's a bare bones fix.

Edit:

Be sure to install/enable all needed functionality manually.

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_USB_ADB
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Enable...ice_installers
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Instal..._Superuser_app
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Instal...locate_library
http://www.nookdevs.com/NookColor:Manual_market_enable

Last edited by SCION; 12-29-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

deleted
Old 12-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm still on 1.0.0. The instructions don't mention anything about Nooter .2 being for 1.0.0 or 1.0.1. It's my assumption that it doesn't matter because it's a bare bones fix.

Edit:

Be sure to install/enable all needed functionality manually.

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_USB_ADB
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Enable...ice_installers
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Instal..._Superuser_app
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Instal...locate_library
http://www.nookdevs.com/NookColor:Manual_market_enable
Thanks for the info - I'm going to go back to 1.00 and investigate
Old 12-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

While you're investigating you may want to disable automatic updates before you're stopped in your tracks.