Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
PocketBook CAD Reader

I have created a wiki page for the PocketBook CAD Reader. While it is not yet announced for eBook use I cannot imagine eReading not be offered on this device. This would make a great PDF reader with a 13.3" screen. Sony has also announced a unit with a 13.3" screen.

I also made other wiki pages on PocketBook devices.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #2
ata
ata began at the beginning.

Device: no device yet
Thank you!
That CAD book is very interesting. Any infos about it are very appreciated.
ata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
A bit of news from Russian website (translated):

+ E-Ink glass based Fina display replaced by thin, light, flexible (durable) Mobius display!
+ Estimated price: around 400Euro

- design/development/internals/interface not finished at all... Sounds like vaporware.
- Estimated arrival Q1 2015

Sony's Digital Paper (DPT-S1) overpriced and not available. Onyx's 13inch ereader development frozen and now PocketBook's CAD Reader with big question mark...
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
That was an interesting article. I was wondering whether the glass substrate would be too fragile for industrial use, and it seems to have been the case. The part about them not selling to the consumer market made me prick up my ears. I don't know why they (like Sony) are refusing to sell to consumers, but it would be nice to know the reason. Perhaps, with all the complaints we've seen about the Sony 13" device and the Onyx M96 when used by people who want it to be a tablet, they've decided it's not worth the bother.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
A bit of news from Russian website (translated):

+ E-Ink glass based Fina display replaced by thin, light, flexible (durable) Mobius display!
+ Estimated price: around 400Euro

- design/development/internals/interface not finished at all... Sounds like vaporware.
- Estimated arrival Q1 2015

Sony's Digital Paper (DPT-S1) overpriced and not available. Onyx's 13inch ereader development frozen and now PocketBook's CAD Reader with big question mark...
Good find. Thanks for the tip!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Anybody went to see PocketBook CAD Reader at IFA 2014 in Berlin? This mysterious concept with updated 13,3 "E Ink Mobius screen? Are we still in dreamland or anybody have played with CAD reader? Any German friends at this site?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #7
enosdan
enosdan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
While it is not yet announced for eBook use I cannot imagine eReading not be offered on this device.
PocketBook's Italian email support kindy assured me the 13" CadReader will both read and annotate PDFs. They expect to start selling it in December 2014.
enosdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
lovewisdom
Enthusiast
lovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Touch, Sony DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by enosdan View Post
PocketBook's Italian email support kindy assured me the 13" CadReader will both read and annotate PDFs. They expect to start selling it in December 2014.
This is a great news. Kick outrageous pricey Sony ereader into garbage.

I will buy one immediately when it comes out in Dec. around $570 or less.
lovewisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
celticgirl
Enthusiast
celticgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo SONY
I'm waiting too! However, I'm afraid to get my hopes up.
celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
flying_dutchman
flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hey there guys, I'm really looking forward to this device as well. I received an email from PocketBook today as a reply to an inquiry by myself. just wanted to share it with you

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Pocketbook products.
Pocketbook CAD Reader will be available for individuals.
This model will come into the market approximately in the first quarter of 2015.
The price will be announced later.
signed by Head of Customer Support

This is at least great news to me. I was afraid theyd only be selling to businesses
flying_dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #11
asdfffdsa
asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: not sharing
This is great to hear! I can finally get rid of all of my textbooks!

No clue what Sony is thinking with their 13.3"'s price tag, but the Pocketbook seems reasonable if still on the higher end
asdfffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #12
skobie78
Enthusiast
skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Onyx M92, Onyx Boox Max
Reports of Pocketbook Cad Reader Flex from Autodesk conference in Las Vegas
  • Mobius 1600 x 1200 pixels
  • Supports 19 text and 4 graphics formats without conversion. DXF to PDF conversion through a cloud service is mentioned specifically.
  • Use as a second screen is mentioned. But this is via a cloud service working with virtual printer software, rather than cable connection.
  • No real pictures, just renders
  • 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU, 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
  • No price specified
  • No release date specified

Pocketbook Unveils Flexible 13.3 inch e-Reader

Translated article from vido.com.ua with more pictures and detail

Last edited by skobie78; 12-02-2014 at 10:24 AM.
skobie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by skobie78 View Post
Reports of Pocketbook Cad Reader Flex from Autodesk conference in Las Vegas
  • Mobius 1600 x 1200 pixels
  • Supports 19 text and 4 graphics formats without conversion. DXF to PDF conversion through a cloud service is mentioned specifically.
  • Use as a second screen is mentioned. But this is via a cloud service working with virtual printer software, rather than cable connection.
  • No real pictures, just renders
  • 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU, 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
  • No price specified
  • No release date specified

Translated article from vido.com.ua with more pictures and detail
Also no touchscreen, frontlight, or Android:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/1...-3-cad-reader/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
This unit is so different I wonder if it is a different product entirely and perhaps they are still working on the other one. This one looks like a display only device for displaying CAD drawings but not a CAD system per se. Much less RAM, no Android, focus on remote display features.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #15
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
No touchscreen, no pen. I considered it an alternative to the Sony DPT-S1 but this device turns out practically useless for me. Bummer.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote