Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Best method to edit body of .prc/.mobi files?

I've searched on the forums and read FAQs which have not answered my question (or it's quite possible I am clueless).

What is the best way to go about editing the body of my .prc/.mobi files? For example, I have many older ebooks that have no breaks between paragraphs and no indentations. Quite annoying to read this way. I only know how to perform simple edits of metadata with mobi2mobi, but nothing major that is required to affect the entire text.

I am familiar with the necessity to edit html code for epubs, but have no experience with it or style sheets. I suspect something similar will be necessary for my mobi files. Will manually editing every paragraph in the book be required?

Can someone provide a link or two where I might be able to read what exactly I will need to learn in order to edit the files properly?

Thank you for your assistance.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote