Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
mrgiedrnkr
Enthusiast
mrgiedrnkr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
K1 Constantly rebooting

I bought one of the refurbished models as a secondary reader to my 505. I really enjoy it and, almost, prefer it to my 505. I was reading last night and the darn thing kept rebooting in the middle of a page. It would just restart out of nowhere. Is this normal? Do I need to reset it or do I have a refurbished model that was broke to begin with?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Stacy
mrgiedrnkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Is it happening with the same book or any book (sometimes poorly formatted books cause wacky things to happen)? Try resetting it using the pin hole in the back.

If it continues to cause problems, give Amazon Kindle support a call.

Good luck!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgiedrnkr View Post
I bought one of the refurbished models as a secondary reader to my 505. I really enjoy it and, almost, prefer it to my 505. I was reading last night and the darn thing kept rebooting in the middle of a page. It would just restart out of nowhere. Is this normal? Do I need to reset it or do I have a refurbished model that was broke to begin with?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Stacy
Like the Duck said....its not normal.

Check other books, then if the problem persists, call CS.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote