Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 06-24-2016, 04:47 AM   #1
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles: KOA1, KV
Book with pictures. Problem with taping between pages

If you have a rich illustrated book you will have a real problem with tapping between pages in M3. If you want to turn page with tapping right side of the screen and if you tap on picture embedded on that page the image menu appears instead of page turn.

I suggest to implement long press on image to trigger image menu.

Last edited by quiris; 06-24-2016 at 05:00 AM.
quiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
In the meantime, I suggest that you use a swiping gesture instead of a tap.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
In the meantime, I suggest that you use a swiping gesture instead of a tap.
I know the swipe gesture, but tapping is easier and quicker
Old 06-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I understand. It's just something until I come up with better way of doing it.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I understand. It's just something until I come up with better way of doing it.
There's a similar problem if you bring up the scrubber and scrub to the cover page. You can't tap to get rid of the scrubber.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2016, 05:06 AM   #6
kguil
Addict

@chrisridd That's precisely why there is a "toggle toolbars" option in the image tap menu. Still, I'll make it better.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Since tap is used for various actions, it possibly is best to use another gesture to zoom images. I had thought the long tap suggestion was a good idea then tried it again in iBooks. Since one could tap, zoom in or out, etc. when viewing an image, a double tap does seem ti be ideal to both open and close since it can then be the same gesture. And then it could directly zoom the image without needing a menu. The long tap could be used for a popup like when selecting text, for save or share. Those gestures also match Safari and possibly other app behavior thus it's more instinctive and what the new user might most likely try.

Last edited by democrite; 06-26-2016 at 08:46 AM.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #8
kguil
Addict

I'm working on a update where you'll be able to configure either a single tap to bring up the menu (as it currently is), or use a double tap (like in Marvin Classic). Long-press conflicts with iOS' text selection stuff.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:01 AM   #9
quiris
Groupie

Great
Old 06-28-2016, 07:27 AM   #10
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Very cool.

Single tap conflicts with show toolbars which I think is best activated anywhere in the book content area. Simply double tap, plus a menu and long press when the image is zoomed, and no need for a preference, I think that is most elegant.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:17 AM   #11
kguil
Addict

In Classic many people where missing that you had to double tap an image for the viewer. Now they can't miss a tap once, and can turn if off if they don't like it. I myself prefer single tapping for instance.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #12
democrite
Evangelist

Ah I see. Then again, others miss double tap to zoom in Safari and other apps though is that a problem of learning iOS or of iOS and its learning curve. Forgot the name of opposite of pinch, that gesture is also natural and others might try it. Seems to not conflict unless it was planned for something else. My preference is use the common zoom gestures and no preference since in fear of eventually having too many. Perhaps there is a variation in what is considered good iOS design. I side with me, but your choice.