Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 07-31-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Peter Ahlstrom
Connoisseur
Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Black background in Night theme is not truly black

I like Marvin (I'm an old Stanza user) but one thing is bugging me. (And yes, I already submitted a bug report.) The black background in the Night theme is not truly black. This is easy to verify with these simple steps.
  1. Set the theme to Night, and make sure Black is chosen as the background color.
  2. Pull down the notifications window on iOS.
  3. Notice that the iOS notifications window has a truly black background, but the Marvin black background is glowing a bit lighter color than true black.

I tried several things to fix it on my own, such as going in with iFile and editing various pattern pngs to be solid black, but nothing worked. Has anyone else figured out how to solve this issue?

ALSO:

If I set the theme to the Normal setting, with white background and black text, these colors aren't quite right either. If I use Accessibility to invert the screen, it all shows as slightly blue—the black text turns light blue on a black-ish background instead of turning white on a solid black background.

Last edited by Peter Ahlstrom; 07-31-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Peter Ahlstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
On the "Themes" tab of the book settings - over to the left of the "NIGHT" selection are some color swatches...one for the letter colors, one for the background. You can select exactly which color you wish for any of the themes. I would expect that you don't have true black selected for the background on the night theme...or for the text on the normal theme.

Also, FYI, if you click the contrast button settings there is a label at the bottom "Tap to enable extra dimming" that puts an overlay across the screen reducing the opacity. This causes extra dimming aside from sliding the brightness up and down...

Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2015, 06:37 PM   #3
Peter Ahlstrom
Connoisseur
Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Um. I just said I set the background to black. That means the black swatch.

I didn't know about that extra dimming thing, but I checked it out and turning it off or on doesn't make a difference to the color. If I turn the brightness way up, the background is clearly brown and not actually black.

HOWEVER: what you said actually did help me. It's the cold/warm slider on the contrast button that is the source of my problems! It was all the way over on warm, and THAT is causing the background to be brown. If I turn it colder, the brown goes away!

So, thanks!

Last edited by Peter Ahlstrom; 07-31-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Peter Ahlstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Awesome! Glad you got it.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote