Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
This is still an issue with 7.2.
I'm not sure why that would be a QT bug?? It seems using a clip would insert wherever you have the active cursor.. If it is in the S/R fields it should insert into the S/R field...if it is in the code window, it should insert there.
Now I get it (and I have been using the work around for quite a while)

If you open the clips-editor and set the cursor focus to the point in the replace box: Then click Paste Clip button, you can put the clip any place
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be a Qt bug? I'd bet pretty good money it is, myself.
I might be mis-remembering, but I thought this was an issue in ver 6.x also??

It's good that there is a work around...although it probably won't save much time having to open the clip editor then place the cursor then click the button... I was really happy when we had the dockable window because I put my regularly used regex in there like (.*?) and wanted to insert that with a click. Oh well....Thanks anyway!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
There are 2 separate issues in this thread. The OP's complaint about CMD-V not working as desired appears to be a Qt bug (or new behaviour), apparently not fixed in the latest release.

The issue raised by Turtle91 is a "missing feature" in Sigil. The Clips window was designed to paste into the editing tabs, not the F&R box. You are meant to use Saved Searches for F&R, but who says you can't use things in whatever way works The easiest workaround is to use the Clip Bar - then you can single click a button to paste into F&R.

Changing the code so that the Clips window also works for F&R is easy enough now that it's been suggested.

Last edited by meme; 04-16-2013 at 03:28 PM.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Changing the code so that the Clips window also works for F&R is easy enough now that it's been suggested.
Yay!!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I love a happy ending.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #21
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
So, when is it an OS (W8) problem rather than a Sigil problem?

It works in XP and AFAIK Vista and W7, Ubuntu Linux
I run on a Mac. OS Lion
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #22
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I think - I hope - I have solved it.

Following earlier advice, I removed the shortcut keys for the paste command (shows as ctrl-v even for Mac).

Command-V seems now to work as it should (on a Mac) - hurrah!!
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #23
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Yep, removing shortcut works for me too (Mac OS X 10.8.3).
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheGrate View Post
I run on a Mac. OS Lion
I should have guessed MAC with the CMD-V

But all you folks:
Why make us Guess at all for any OS related trouble?

Please, always tell us your:
OS and Version

Also helpful when chasing works for most systems, problems:
Any alternate (Non-as-shipped) configurations: eg. used with a NAS.
Installed, 3rd party helper software

We assume Vanilla unless specified.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
With Qt 5.0.0 the paste (cmd+v) behavior (at least on OSX I can't remember about other OS's but I believe it's OSX only) changed.

The paste target would take precedence over the shortcut. So if you pasted into F&R it would paste there. With Qt 5.0.0 the shortcut takes precedence over the target. The target being CV means it always pastes into CV instead of the target.

The solution is to unset the paste (cut and copy too) shortcuts. The shortcuts were removed as default in Sigil 0.7.1 but if you are using a config created by an older version the shortcut was most likely written to the config. Since it's OS specific and a user could have manually set other shortcuts Sigil will not automatically remove them. You need to manually unset the shortcuts to resolve the issue if you experience it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
ZoeRochelle
Sigil Addict
ZoeRochelle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad Air 2
After weeks of struggling with the ctrl+V not working in the find and replace window, finally a fix. Its like a breath of fresh air. I removed the preferences for cut, copy and paste and now they all work. Oh joy!

Thank you to you all who figured this out.
ZoeRochelle is offline   Reply With Quote