Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #166
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
So I just need to copy the "update" folder to .kobo ?

This will then get the sleep mode to work properly?
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #167
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
No, you do a real update with the Touch firmware and include all three components from the zip file into the .kobo folder
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #168
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
So, to recap for the Kobo Touch it seems that:

- Models N905 and N905B use Touch firmware (Mrs_Often, Chocky, ameer)
- Model N905C uses Glo firmware (ichrispa)
I have a year old Touch with N905C serial number, and it uses the Touch firmware.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #169
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
I have a year old Touch with N905C serial number, and it uses the Touch firmware.
Thanks clsdclsd. Seems we can't trust the model numbers. I'll edit the relevant post to reflect that.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-19-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #170
ichrispa
Enthusiast
ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Thanks clsdclsd. Seems we can't trust the model numbers. I'll edit the relevant post to reflect that.
That's bad. So the only thing we have to go on in the PCB revision? That will make the question of which firmware to use rather complicated to explain.
ichrispa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #171
brockerpocker
brockerpocker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
just made an update 2.3.2 manually (i live in germany) - the kobo startet after the update - but after choosing a book und going to the reading preferences the kobo crashed and it started with a kind of recovery mode - it formatted itself - and went back with kobo desktop to 2.3.1.

so don´t use the version 2.3.2 (!)
brockerpocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 AM   #172
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockerpocker View Post
just made an update 2.3.2 manually (i live in germany) - the kobo startet after the update - but after choosing a book und going to the reading preferences the kobo crashed and it started with a kind of recovery mode - it formatted itself - and went back with kobo desktop to 2.3.1.

so don´t use the version 2.3.2 (!)
Are you sure you used the correct version of 2.3.2? There is one for "older" model Touches; and one for the Glo and "newer" model Touches.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #173
brockerpocker
brockerpocker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
i tried this version for my kobo glo:

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.3.2.zip
brockerpocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #174
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockerpocker View Post
i tried this version for my kobo glo:

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.3.2.zip
That's the Glo version. Assuming you indeed have a Glo as your profile says, that should have worked. Strange, I used the same version on my Glo without any problems.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #175
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Well, tried to update to 2.3.2 for my Touch by copying the Upgrade folder, the KoboRoot, and the Manifest files to .kobo

I had deleted all the books prior to the copy and then reloaded a couple for test.

After using Calibre to add the books, the front page of the Kobo showed "no books" even though they were in the library and able to be selected and read.

Then I tried sleep mode, and it just hung, had to do a basic reset, still showed "no books", still would not go into sleep mode.

So factory reset again, and now going back to 2.3.1

Last edited by Chocky; 01-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #176
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Well, tried to update to 2.3.1 fo my Touch by copying the Upgrade folder, the KoboRoot, and the Manifest files to .kobo

I had deleted all the books prior to the copy and then reloaded a couple for test.

After using Calibre to add the books, the front page of the Kobo showed "no books" even though they were in the library and able to be selected and read.

Then I tried sleep mode, and it just hung, had to do a basic reset, still showed "no books", still would not go into sleep mode.

So factory reset again, and now going back to 2.3.1
What a hassle, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Best to wait for an update to be pushed to you it seems.

(I'm assuming you meant to say "2.3.2" in the first line.)
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #177
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
What a hassle, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Best to wait for an update to be pushed to you it seems.

(I'm assuming you meant to say "2.3.2" in the first line.)

Yep, I'll correct it, thanks.

I will just have to put up with having to adjust the text size at every new chapter.

Also, with 2.3.1 sometimes on a page turn it's missing a few sentences, go back a page, and there they are at the bottom of the page.

It's all just very annoying especially as the previous firmware version was working really well.

Last edited by Chocky; 01-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #178
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Yep, I'll correct it, thanks.

I will just have to put up with having to adjust the text size at every new chapter.

Also, with 2.3.1 sometimes on a page turn it's missing a few sentences, go back a page, and there they are at the bottom of the page.

It's all just very annoying especially as the previous firmware version was working really well.
Sounds extremely annoying to me! I don't get any of those problems. Weird. If I were you I'd go back to 2.1.5.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #179
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Sounds extremely annoying to me! I don't get any of those problems. Weird. If I were you I'd go back to 2.1.5.

Can I go from the factory reset to 2.1.5?

Ah, just remembered, have to run the setup from factory reset and it loads 2.3.1 duriong setup.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #180
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Can I go from the factory reset to 2.1.5?
Yep, lots of people have done it. Many even say the factory reset isn't needed.