Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
jeffla376
jeffla376 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
How can I move the library to another drive

I use an SSD for my boot drive so I try to map all of my data to another large HDD. Calibre puts it's library under c:\user\"username"\Calibre library.

I want to move the library to another location. How can I do this? I didn't see anything in the preferences for this.

Jeff
jeffla376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffla376 View Post
I use an SSD for my boot drive so I try to map all of my data to another large HDD. Calibre puts it's library under c:\user\"username"\Calibre library.

I want to move the library to another location. How can I do this? I didn't see anything in the preferences for this.

Jeff
There is an arrow
It is next to the Library Icon
there is a choice called Create Switch
(M$ must have had influence)
the third choice is Move
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Simply copying my entire library directory to another drive and opening it seems to work better for me.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
jeffla376
jeffla376 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks theducks for pointing me to the move library function!
jeffla376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Simply copying my entire library directory to another drive and opening it seems to work better for me.
Helen
That's what I do, too.
Much better to know whats going on, by actually moving the library folder manually, than wondering what the program did.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Pne advantage of using Calibre to move the library is that only moves the files it knows about. Therefore if after such a move there are files that are left behind it can be worth checking them out to see if they need to be added to the library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote