Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
icebear
rank noob
icebear began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
How to use the Collection feature...?

yeah, i admit its probably a really stupid question but i don't know if what i thought it was and what it really is might be two totally different things and that is why i can't use it as i'd like to.

i have had my ebook for a while and it works great but i'd sure like to figure some things out since its there.

i thought the Collection section was where i could sort books by subject perhaps, but when i click on 'collections' and then 'options' i don't get anything that i had expected, like a sorting menu... that 6'x3' multiple fold manual that the reader came with has long since been filed away and i couldn't possibly spread and read it between kids and cat being attracted to it.

i have over 150 books now, so i have plenty of items to play with...
but is the collection feature something i can sort things into?
by author, or subject or source....?

or do you buy books in some predefined collection and that is where they sit?

i assumed at first that it might be a self sorting thing, like books bought through the sony bookstore might set themselves.

i don't know. i guess i'm just lost, life is hectic and this is just another small thing i am trying to figure out.
icebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The Collections will need to be created from your computer as opposed to the Reader itself.

If using the Sony Library:
* Open Sony Library then connect your Reader
* Under the Reader click on Collections
* Select the 'Add +' in the bottom left of the screen and this should create a new collection. You should be able to change the name of the collection.
* Drag and drop ebooks from your Reader to the collection

If use Calibre:
* Next to each ebook in Calibre, double-click on 'Tag' and enter one or more tags you wish to add to each book.
* Each tag must be separated by a comma (e.g. Mystery, Suspense, Sci-Fi)
* Copy ebooks to Reader and Collections will be created for every tag listed.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
icebear
rank noob
icebear began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
sorry i never got back to this...

i tried it just as you said and it worked perfectly, thank you!
icebear is offline   Reply With Quote