Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favourite font?
Caecilia 10 27.03%
Malabar 8 21.62%
Amasis 12 32.43%
Gill Sans 1 2.70%
Helvetica Neue 3 8.11%
Trebuchet 2 5.41%
Other (post in the comments) 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Gigawatt
Gigawatt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Lightbulb What is your favourite font on the Nook Touch?

Hi,

I was just wondering what everyone's favourite font is on their Nook Touch. Mine's Caecilia. I never actually use any of the others. Curious about what other people choose and why.

p-out
G
Gigawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Malabar. I find it the most readable at all sizes, and easiest on the eye.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
I prefer Amasis, mostly for its compactness. It does suffer a bit more from ghosting when you're on the page right before the full-refresh page turn, but the vast majority of the time it just looks the best.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Timur
Connoisseur
Timur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five wordsTimur can name that ebook in five words

Device: EBW1150, Nook STR
I like Malabar most because:

I prefer serif fonts while reading books: Amasis is a bit on the thin side for my taste and although Caecilia has good weight I find its italic not as beautiful as Malabar since it looks more like slanted instead of cursive italic.

Also mdash creeping up to the letters on the sides irritates me; Malabar's mdash glyph has generous white space around it.
Timur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
Trebuchet. I like the thicker letters, but text size is still pretty resonable to me when I read it in the smaller font sizes.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I use them all, I just cycle through them as I fancy. Sometimes the jump between 2 sizes is too much, and I switch to a different font where the size is just right.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Gigawatt
Gigawatt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have to admit sometimes I change my font just for fun to see if it's any different. I prefer the heavier ones but when I'm reading I'm not really looking at the font, I'm processing the content, so it kind of doesn't matter.
Gigawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
I chose Amasis finally
droople is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, touch