overflow: hidden;
line-height: 89%;
height: 0.75em;
font-size: 281%;
margin-right: 0.075em;
float:left;
}

example/images on this blog post: http://stunjelly.com/e-books-drop-caps/

The overflow hidden gets rid of the need for the negative margins that kindle gets so upset by

Last edited by NicWest; 11-27-2010 at 07:38 PM.
NicWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #62
Alkinea
Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook kindle
Here are two pictures showing what my converter does for dropcaps:

or, with a different style:

You can download it here:
http://soft.alkinea.net
Enjoy!
Alkinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #63
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
You can download it here:
http://soft.alkinea.net
Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Not bad, not bad, doesn't seem to like Word-generated .odt files, and it doesn't seem to like mid-sentence italics, but that may still be a Word issue.
Doesn't seem to think too much of the fonts I use for embedding, but that still may be traceable back to Word.
-Brewt
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #64
Alkinea
Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alkinea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook kindle
There were a few issues with drop-caps that have been fixed in 2.1
Try with the new version.
I'll do more tests with Word files imported in LibreOffice and I'll make sure it works.
Alkinea is offline   Reply With Quote