Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
hightime
hightime began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
importing periodicals / news

Hi ... I have about 80 mobi files of a periodical sitting in a folder that I want to import into Calibre in such a way that I then want to copy them into a Kindle Touch and behave as if they were downloaded into Calibre in the normal way (ie download news subscriptions).

Because they all have the same title, Calibre will only copy one into the Kindle (I guess because it thinks they are all the same ebook).

I want to tell Calibre to send them to the Kindle so that the magazine with the most recent publication date shows in the main section of the Kindle and the remaining magazines to appear in the 'back periodicals' section along with their respective publication dates. Just like it would if they had all been downloaded week by week using news subscriptions).

Any help would be much appreciated as I've run out of things that I can think of to try.

best ... hightime
hightime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import, news, publications