Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
another newbie question

Hello,
before sending my pdf books to my reader i usually convert them to mobi format, but i can't see them properly in my onyx boox. When i open the book, it is shown properly, but the fonts are very little and when I select the font's size that i prefer (usually 16) the text is not reflown correctly, so every two lines, the second one is cutted off in the half.
I'm sure that it could be easily corrected, but even if i tried i did not find a way to do it.. so i'm asking more expert people for some help...

Thank you

Brandobras

Last edited by Brandobras; 02-27-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
Hello,
before sending my pdf books to my reader i usually convert them to mobi format, but i can't see them properly in my onyx boox. When i open the book, it is shown properly, but the fonts are very little and when I select the font's size that i prefer (usually 16) the text is not reflown correctly, so every two lines, the second one is cutted off in the half.
I'm sure that it could be easily corrected, but even if i tried i did not find a way to do it.. so i'm asking more expert people for some help...
The PDF conversion in Calibre is being rewritten, but until the new conversion is implemented I think you might be able to correct your problem by adjuting the Line Un-wrapping factor. Go into preferences - conversion - PDF Input - Line Un-wrapping Factor - this number can vary from 0-1 I have heard folks on here say that setting it at .25 worked for them. Start by setting it to .25 and see if the results are close to what you want. It may take many attempts to get the desired output.

Good Luck!

&
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert