Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
LG Solar Cell e-reader: ultimate book for the beach

Who says you can't read an e-book on the beach?

LG Solar Cell e-reader: ultimate book for the beach

Quote:
LG Display already churns out 6-inch e-reader screens, but it’s just developed the LG Solar Cell to fit perfectly next to it. The LG Solar Cell is just 0.7mm thick and weigns a mere 20g, so is nigh on unobtrusive, but the big deal is that five hours of sunlight will extend the LG Solar Cell e-reader’s battery life by a full day.
|Large image|

Last edited by yagiz; 10-12-2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Added image link
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Is it just me, or does that "LG" device look ... hauntingly familiar?

NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Is it just me, or does that "LG" device look ... hauntingly familiar?
it does have a strange air of déjà vu...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They did a nice job of removing/covering the original logo, I suppose.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
They did a nice job of removing/covering the original logo, I suppose.
lucky that's really the *only* way to indentify it for sure.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
An idea that sounds increadibly cool but only marginally useful. If I read under enough sun to charge this I'm getting sunburned (and my screen is fading, lol). And I can't fold the cover as I normally do and expect sun to hit the cell. Or else use a 3rd party e-reader cover.

I suppose it is the Whispernet power drain for Kindles but I never complain about the battery life of my Sony 505. By the time this could hit the market batteries will be 25% better than they are today!
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Nice solar cell but the ereader -- well what can I say?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it does have a strange air of déjà vu...
I thought only the left side with the LG logo was their reader. I thought they where comparing their new reader with the PRS-505 until I read the comments!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Nice solar cell but the ereader -- well what can I say?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
Valwit
Enthusiast
Valwit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Inkpad3Pro
my solution: 4x 7.5V 450 mA pamels from ebay, giving me 15V 0.9A in full sun, panels are charging a 12V 5Ah Pb-gel battery. it's standing around in the backyard (battery and electronics are in a waterproof plastic box). it needs around 2 days (not talking about cloudless sky, after it's ireland to fully charge, that gives me enough power to charge my phone, the reader and some batterys for the light when i charge over the day even less power is drained from the battery, so i can also charge battery for my camera and or another mobile. total costs of the fun: panels ~ $30, battery $20 in a local shop (i took one meant for quads), charger electronics $10, another 5 bucks for 2 car ligher sockets and a 12V -> 5V car charger with usb style connector.
Valwit is offline   Reply With Quote