Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
Html hyperlinks supported on Hanlin V3?

Hi everyone, I've just ordered the EZ reader and wonder if it handles html files well enough with the latest firmware. I'm most concerned about the hyperlink support cuz I got lots of html books with hyperlinks as the TOC.

As for pdf files, can i easily access all the bookmarks of a pdf file on the EZ reader too?

Thanks for your patience and pardon me for these newbie questions.

Last edited by manifestor; 05-23-2009 at 08:41 AM.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have not tried in single-file HTML in particular, but the EZ Reader supports internal hyperlinks in general.

The EZ Reader also handle a PDF's TOC, which I think are bookmarks. Or were you asking about something else?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I have not tried in single-file HTML in particular, but the EZ Reader supports internal hyperlinks in general.
Thanks for your reply. I don't remember exactly where I read something about internal hyperlinks in html files don't work with Hanlin V3...so I'd love to hear more about it from other users.

Quote:
The EZ Reader also handle a PDF's TOC, which I think are bookmarks. Or were you asking about something else?
Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to, thanks. These are called "bookmarks" in the Acrobat reader and they are TOC usually.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestor View Post
I don't remember exactly where I read something about internal hyperlinks in html files don't work with Hanlin V3.
I found a HTML file with hyperlinks, and they don't work. Your best bet is to convert to FB2 or MOBI. Calibre (has its own forum here) is the easiest tool to do this and it currently only supports conversion to MOBI, but FB2 export is coming in version 6.0 due out soon.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
I found a HTML file with hyperlinks, and they don't work. Your best bet is to convert to FB2 or MOBI. Calibre (has its own forum here) is the easiest tool to do this and it currently only supports conversion to MOBI, but FB2 export is coming in version 6.0 due out soon.
Thanks a lot, that's really helpful.
Advert