Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
goldy319
Edge User

Question apps going into wrong folders

hi everyone, hope you all enjoyed the holidays, well since i'm still getting to know my pocket edge, here's my dilema. i installed three free apps, HSN, Pandora & Solitare & they all went to my music application folder. so when i clicked on pandora it said this file can't be read, something to that effect. so i deleted pandora & solitare but left the HSN one there. i also have an HSN icon on my apps . screen. my ? is how do you get these to go into the correct application. i'm really confused on how to do this. tia for any help. Goldy319

Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Hi Goldy, when you install an app it creates a folder for its data in the internal storage. You wont be able to read those files. To use an app find its icon in your app drawer and tap on it. That should open the app, however if you deleted files instead of uninstalling the app you may need to reinstall the apps.

Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
goldy319
Edge User

hi cheyennedonna, thanks for replying. i guess i'm kind of stupid when it comes to this stuff! when the apps went into "my music" (icon on desktop) what should i have done? also where do i find the internal memory & how would you uninstall instead of deleting? this is so different compared to a MS os. i really know nothing about android & apk. etc, etc. i have alot of learning to do!! i have the HSN icon on my apps screen but it's also in the "my music" folder.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Hi Goldy, I can tell you how to uninstall - go to settings - application - manage - and a list will populate the screen. Now choose the app you no longer need and tap it - then choose uninstall from the screen. Your internal and external storage is easily accessible by tapping the storage shortcut. The folders there have either files you stored or files an app needs to work properly. I don't have the pocket edge, so I'm not sure if something is set up differently on your screen or if you put the folder/shortcut there. Are the apps present in your app drawer - tap on the arrow at the bottom - and do the open when you tap their icon?

Old 12-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
borisb
Edge User

Goldy, if you're new to Android, read the following post as it may be of help: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...New-to-Android.

Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
goldy319
Edge User

hi cheyennedonna, i'm in the manage applications, i see what you mean with the uninstall, also i see this for example in "google search" under permissions it has orange writing with exclamation point icons that say network communication, your location, phone calls & system tools. do you click on those & if you do what happens. i'm so afraid to click on things fearing i'll mess things up. also to your ? yes my apps are present in my app folder when i click the X at the bottom & no i didn't make any shortcuts on my desktop. everything is the way it came. so any app that i install goes to my music folder??, thats what i don't understand because when i installed the solitare app it was in the music folder. sorry for being so thick headed. borisb, thank you for that link. i'll get to it as soon as i try to figure this other stuff out. tia once again.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
goldy319
Edge User

cheyennedonna, i just noticed there were more things under permissions & one of them were ("services that cost you $") "directly call phone numbers". does that mean i can use the PE to make phone calls. i have the samsung impression mobile phone with an sd card in it with music on the card, can i move those music files to my PE. sorry for so many ?'s. i'm on vacation so i'm trying to really get down with this PE.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Hi Goldy, I don't understand the Music folder on the desktop, maybe someone with a pocket edge knows. As for the permissions nothing will happen if click on them, they are just so you know what the app is allowed to do, for example access the network, store things on your SD card etc. You can transfer or copy the file from your phones card to the edge and have them on both if you want. Easiest is to use a USB reader for the card and just copy the files to your SD card on your pocket edge. As for the phone call thing, the pocket or full edge does not natively make phone calls, but with an app you can.
I use sipdroid, with my Google Voice and Gizmo number on WiFi to make and receive calls on my edge - for free.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
goldy319
Edge User

cheyennedonna, all i can say is man oh man do you know your STUFF!!. it will take me forever to learn what you & others know. can i take my sd card from my phone & put it into my PE & copy them that way? i have music & photos on the sd card. i also have a usb multi card reader on my PC, if i can i'll have to figure out how to do that. i want to thank you very much for all of your time & help. i sure need it.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Yes you can, use ES file explorer to make a folder for it all - copy it into the folder - then you can move it all to your external sd card later.