Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Bundled ebooks don't download properly

The last two times I've ordered bundled ebooks - Hobbs and a few days ago the Salvatore set - the books have not downloaded to completion and finished with a message.

The process apparently hangs. I'm able to see the process bar not moving and nothing happening. Then I'll log off and log back in and check my account, only to see that the bundled set has indeed downloaded.

Sony, are you listening? Why don't you fix this?

I've purchased over $200 since December on new books. The problem occurs with the bundled books.

I then have to individually "acquire" them from my account and load them to my computer for my Reader.

Rhetorical question: How can they produce such a fine Reader, but release such a crappy piece of Connect Software.

Signed: "Getting what I order, but bending over and taking it where it hurts."
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I bought a 4 book bundle and didn't have a problem. That was pre-update though.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
I bought all the Robin Hobb books the other day and had no problem downloading them on my home internet. My HSDPA modem wouldn't do it whilst I was at work though. Does your ISP block any ports ?
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know. I'm able to get everything I order...

...but the bundled books hang. They DO indeed download, but there's no indication that the process has completed.

By the way, my copy of "Sorcerer's Apprentice" has a dark, BLANK rectangle where the map should be. I'm wondering if this Hobb title was an early Bbeb book and the scanning process was somewhat sloppy ???

Don
Old 03-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Hey Dr Drib, are you using Wireless Internet when you are downloading?
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
I also have a missing map in my copy. Not a huge deal since I remember the layout from the paper editions but still it would be nice if there was an update.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Yes - I'm using Wireless internet....

.....is that the problem?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #8
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Could be, the can be very occasional choppiness, it's possible you could had lost connection while downloading at some point, not definite, but that could be it.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote