Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
using "Extra CSS" box

I am trying to override font settings but I cannot get it to work. Can anyone tell me what I can put in this box to achieve "font-size: normal" to be in the stylesheet? I have tried a few things but the stylesheet looks exactly the same with and without the content in the box.

I have tried just putting it in the box as

.calibre1 {
font-size: normal
}

and just "font-size: normal" on its own. If it matters, I am converting to ePub.

Last edited by RedRoverJ; 06-25-2010 at 06:55 PM.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Why do you want font-size:normal?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have a Kobo and was thinking that overriding the font size setting would allow me to work around the font size issue until the firmware update comes out. It is only temporary but it would beat having to manually change each stylesheet.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid that's not how it works. extra css is merged into the css that comes from the book, which is then processed, all the font sizes are rationalized/resized and then written out.

Isn't the Kobo update due tomorrow?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
RedRoverJ
Zealot

They said it was due the week of the 28th. However, they also have a beta program and the update has not even been released for testing yet. I am sure it is coming, but don't have complete confidence that it will be next week.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that. I can now stop messing around with that idea.

Last edited by RedRoverJ; 06-25-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Fixed speeling
Advert