Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Sony PRS 505 Hard Reset questions

Hi everyone

I have been lurking around this forum for ages but only joined today as I have a problem.

My Sony PRS 505 froze on me today, I tried doing a soft rest but it also froze, so when I got home from work I found the instructions for a hard reset, which I am trying to do now.

My 505 is currently connected to the PC. I have got past the 'Reset All' screen, and the reader appears to have done that, and has turned on and off. Now I have the USB connected icon, the black arrow in the centre of the screen, and the red charging light showing, so what do I do now?

I don't use the Sony Software or buy any books from them, most of my books are fanfiction, which is all word documents and I use Calibre for everything, so do I just disconnect and then connect to Calibre now and reload all my documents?

Its been a bad day....... I use my ebook daily, its only 3 months old and something happened this morning when I conected to Calibre, the book wasn't recognised by Calibre, even though the device was recognised by the USB connection, and even though I did a proper disconect it froze in the on position.

I am covered under the warrently and John Lewis have already offered me a replacement or refund, but they only have the 300 or 600 now and I don't want either of them, the 300 is too small, and I just don't like the touch screen 600/700. I just want a working 505.

I searced on google and the cheapest place to get a 505 is Argos and its £75 more than I paid John Lewis!

If anyone can help me get my one working I would be very grateful.

Any why oh why discontinue the 505? I didn't know until today and it baffles me why they would replace it with a smaller ebook.

Thank you for any help/advice you can give

Josie
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Well I am bemused but happy.

I don't know what happened but when I opened up Calibre it recognised my ebook, and all the stories I had loaded were still there, all 568. I have since loaded a new one and everything seems okay.

Its all a bit strange as I have no idea what the hard reset actually did, as nothing was deleted.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I think you are reporting good news? then congratulations!

anyway welcome to the forums! you may find in the future that asking a SONY specific question will get more response in the SONY forums! enjoy!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote