Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
heulwen.jones
heulwen.jones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad
ePub - Image width bug in iBooks fixed?

Hi there,

Over the last couple of years I have been creating a separate ePub file for iBooks (as separate to a standard ePub file for other eReaders) to cater for the following:

1. Move image width into a surrounding <div> tag (rather than in the image tag itself) to workaround iBooks sizing bug. In the standard (non-iBook) ePub I have the img in a <p> tag with the image width directly in the img tag.

2. I also made use of a couple of iBook features not available on many other eReaders - ability to group content using 'page-break-inside:avoid' and the ability to have multiple levels in the navigational TOC.

Anyway I've noticed that if I now view the standard ePub in iBooks all the image sizes are correct (even though the the image size is in the img tag and there is a surrounding p tag instead of div).

So it seems the image sizing bug in iBooks is now fixed, sometime in the last 12 months or so?? Has this been other people's experience?

Many thanks, Heulwen
heulwen.jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:33 AM   #2
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Yes, I can confirm the last version of Ibooks fix the OLD bug.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But, remember, there ARE people out there using an old iPad 1 (original iPad) and they have an old version of iBooks. So while the new iBooks has this bug fixed, the old iBooks does not. This bug is not fixed for users of the old version iBooks.

And then there is the iPhone 4 that has some not up-to-date version of iBooks As more and more Apple hardware gets left behind, there will be more and more older versions of iBooks out there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
heulwen.jones
heulwen.jones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad
Thanks everything for the confirmation and advice. All the best, Heulwen
heulwen.jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, ibooks, image