Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
My Paperwhite counts as my Christmas present, even though I got it as soon as it was shipped (Oct?). I also got two tablets for my little girls, which I manage and can use if I want to, the New Fire (non-HD) when it was on sale, and a Lenovo a2107 android tablet, which is really nice. My daughters are so happy. Last night they both lay playing games with the sound off while I read them a chapter book from my paperwhite. It was fun!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
So did Best Buy and Indy booksellers in the US.
Best Buy was only selling the white one, so I didn't get it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Kurt
Connoisseur
Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nook HD+, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Nook HD+ for me

Haven't done anything more than get it set up as i'm waiting on the case/cover (includes a bluetooth keyboard) - notorious butter fingers so am happy to wait
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
If the least expensive Kindle were below $50 I would have gotten it; but I guess I'll have to wait another year for that.

I received 18 print books which will keep me busy, but no eBooks.
GA Russell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
My fiancee got me a Nook HD Tablet. I love it so far. I also got gift cards to buy ebooks, cash, and my sister and dad put money together to buy me a huge boxed set of leatherbound classic books from Barnes and Noble. They are so gorgeous I can't even stand it. I was super spoiled this year.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #21
shakeitsalome
shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shakeitsalome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Black)
Kindle 4 (black) for me (from my mother), and several amazon gift cards from everyone else. I've spent the past two days reading almost constantly. I am in love.
shakeitsalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #22
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Where did you find that deal? Was it Black Friday?

Book related gifts in my world -

The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton
The Time Keeper - Mitch Albom
The Black Box - Michael Connelly
The Forgotten - David Baldacci
Notorious Nineteen - Janet Evanovich
The Racketeer - John Grisham
Merry Christmas Alex Cross - James Patterson

My four year old grandson got a Leappad 2 with $150 worth of gift cards. I think apps and books for this thing are overpriced ($20 for a book!) and he would have been better off with an Amazon card to buy books for his Kindle Fire. However, I only post my opinion here since I am a non-interfering Grandma.

My three year old grandson got a newest generation iPod Touch. He already has a Kindle Fire and there are tons of free apps and books for the iPod so it is a little more reasonable. Still, very expensive for a three year old.

Grandma will just stick with sending them good books for their KFs.
Yeah on Black Friday weekend. After that Kobo mini was two times offered for $49. Just before Christmas. I think you get one for free with purchase of Kobo arc. Btw I really like the mini, just set it up before I took it on a trip. But no wifi now
Got two ereaders now, feel like I'm addicted!
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
If you're addicted at two, I shudder to think of what I am at four. I'm really upset that I missed the Kobo mini sale. I really wanted to buy it, but all of my money was tied up at the time with Christmas presents for family. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to save up and buy it for full price later. Though, now that I think about it, are there any refurbished Kobo mini's being sold anywhere?
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
If you're addicted at two, I shudder to think of what I am at four. I'm really upset that I missed the Kobo mini sale. I really wanted to buy it, but all of my money was tied up at the time with Christmas presents for family. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to save up and buy it for full price later. Though, now that I think about it, are there any refurbished Kobo mini's being sold anywhere?
Ok now I don't feel bad that I got myself a second ereader. 😝I just had to buy it, kind of unusual for me to do this cuz I have one already. How do you use yours? Different books on different readers? Or did you replace one for another?
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Amazon and iTunes gift cards for books, books and more books. I gave hints so I got exactly the ones I wanted.

And some girly L'Occitane stuff.

And a cashmere scarf (seriously soft and warm).
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
How do you use yours? Different books on different readers? Or did you replace one for another?
Sometimes different books for different readers, other times I might be reading the same book on more than one device. It really just depends on what I want to read on at the moment, though since I got the Paperwhite I've mainly been reading on that.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #27
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Amazon gift cards for books, and I've just treated myself to a bargain Archos Cobalt tablet for £49 in the Boxing Day sales.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #28
VeggieCat
Bacon Enthusiast
VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10, Kindle Voyage, iPod Nano 7th gen (for audiobooks)
DH bought me my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. I must have been a very good girl this year
VeggieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #29
omega34
Enthusiast
omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got my amazing Paperwhite for Christmas and have been using it nonstop. The screen is amazing and the touch capabilities are also great.
omega34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I got B&N gift cards so that was cool. No one in my family got an e-reader but we're pretty well set there. My niece got a Nook HD and my nephew got a Nook Color though.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote