Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
papagelos
papagelos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
[Device View] vs [Library view], Why different?

My "Library View" has 9 columns.

When I switch to "Device view" it shows only 5 of those columns.
I want it to show 9 columns in both view modes. I dont want to lose columns.

One of the columns is FORMAT.
I discovered that I had 2 books with the same title on my PRS-T1 and I wanted to delete one of them.

Then I found out there was no easy way for me to see what the 2 formats were in device view, coz it was not stated anywhere, and my "#format" column was not here anymore.

How can I add more columns to DEVICE VIEW?
Or at the very least, how can I see what Format(s) the book on the device is?

P.S I *did* try to search the forums for keywords like "column" and "device" and "device view" before posting. Sorry if my question has been answered elswhere, and thanks for your time if you decide to try to help.

Last edited by papagelos; 04-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.
papagelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by papagelos View Post

One of the columns is FORMAT.
I discovered that I had 2 books with the same title on my PRS-T1 and I wanted to delete one of them.

Then I found out there was no easy way for me to see what the 2 formats were in device view, coz it was not stated anywhere, and my "#format" column was not here anymore.

How can I add more columns to DEVICE VIEW?
Or at the very least, how can I see what Format(s) the book on the device is?

P.S I *did* try to search the forums for keywords like "column" and "device" and "device view" before posting. Sorry if my question has been answered elswhere, and thanks for your time if you decide to try to help.

It is easy. Do it from Library View.

Right click on the title: Remove Matching books from Device:
REMOVE the tick mark for the one you want to KEEP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by papagelos View Post

You cannot add columns to the device view. You get the five that are there.
Quote:
There will be a line in the device view for each format. If you click on a line you get some information at the bottom of the screen. Hover over the "Click to open" link and you will see the format.

Alternatively, and assuming calibre knows that the book is on the device, you can use the method theducks suggested. Select the book in the library view. The On Device column should show something like "Main (2 books). Select that line, click the down-arrow next to "Remove Books", and select "Remove matching books from device". A dialog will open showing you information including the format for each book.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
papagelos
papagelos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you all for the suggestions.

But considering my device has well over 10.000 titles, I was hoping for a #format column since that would allow me to quickly sort and mark, say several hundred books and delete them in one button press, or perform other operations on them in a quick and efficient way.

Personally I do not see why this is impossible on calibre. It could list a #formats column in the device view since calibre could get that info from the filename - since it shows the format in this view if you mouse over it. So instead of me getting the format by painstalkingly mousing over several thousand books, maybe the computer - that is a bit quicker on such things - could check the filename, and populate a #format list based on the file extension of the file.

Im no coder, but.... Just saying.

But thank you for the suggestions, I will use them where applicable.
papagelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Should be possible

Hi there

Deleted post - I totally misunderstod you requirements.
Sorry,

Last edited by pchrist7; 04-15-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: misunderstood Q
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert