Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Creating an epub only library

I have a large library of ebooks with most books in multiple formats. I want to create a second library that I can point Calibre to that just contains the epub format. What I did was copy the entire library and then, in the new library, I removed all formats except epub. This works but I have a feeling that there is an easier and faster way. Any suggestions.

What a fabulous product Calibre is and it just keeps getting better!

Jackie Jansen
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Somewhat easier might be to copy the library (as you did), then use a file explorer to search for the non-epub format files, select them, and delete them. Now start calibre, point it at the new library, and run check library (library -> library maintenance -> check library). You will see lots of missing formats (no surprise as you deleted them). Check the 'fix' box & push the fix button, and calibre will make the database match what is actually in the library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
I did the same thing when i decided to share a portion of my library as mobi. I just used the save to disk feature and save them all as mobi with the other things i prefer like metadata perhaps or not. That was after i had made sure they were all converted.

You also wouldn't have to do file separation.

*Or you could do a search for just .epub but then you wouldn't be able to carry along meta data info.

You could then if you wanted rename the library in my documents and import into a new blank or try that multiple library feature which i haven't yet.

You would be surprised how fast they import back in when in a uniform file / naming structure.
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote