Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #106
defzeppelin
defzeppelin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I hope they aren't trying to weasel out of this deal.
defzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #107
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Reader 500 is up on Sony Reward site, I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't 505.

Update: The Reader it self is 27,899 points and I don't get any discounts after adding to my cart. I'm gonna call them and ask whenever I get a chance.

Last edited by Evi1d33d; 10-06-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just got one on order for a grand total of $58.39. So, I think I'll be good once this arrives. Yes, it's the 500, but it's for a gift. Not sure if I'll keepthe new one and give up my old one. But we'll see.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:24 AM   #109
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast

How did you get the discount? Mine shows up $270 when I try to buy points.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #110
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
I just got my confirmation for one @ $58.89

Make sure you are using the sony rewards website and not sony style

When I added the Reader to my cart even though it said it was 27,xxx points my cart actually showed 5,889 (after the default 110 points in the account were subtracted), then it was a simple process to fill out the shipping, credit card info and get a confirmation number. Did I do a , because I have a on my face at this very moment!
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #111
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi1d33d View Post
How did you get the discount? Mine shows up $270 when I try to buy points.
Follow the direction in this post and you'll be able to get your prs500 fore the discounted price...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=58
Old 10-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #112
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast

I'm seriously mad right now, I sign up for the card on 9/5 but Chase messed up and send me a regular Chase Card. I called and they said they made a mistake and switched me to a Sony Card. But this Sony card is not eligible for getting the offer...
Old 10-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #113
yuhreka
yuhreka began at the beginning.

Device: none
505?

Has anyone who'd been promised a 505 model for the Sony Card offer try calling the customer service back? Would they upgrade to the new model for a fee? I actually don't mind the 500, but the new one does have some desirable features.
yuhreka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhreka View Post
Has anyone who'd been promised a 505 model for the Sony Card offer try calling the customer service back? Would they upgrade to the new model for a fee? I actually don't mind the 500, but the new one does have some desirable features.
There's no need to call. They won't do it. I've already talked to them and they said whatever appeared on the site was what we were able to get.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #115
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi1d33d View Post
I'm seriously mad right now, I sign up for the card on 9/5 but Chase messed up and send me a regular Chase Card. I called and they said they made a mistake and switched me to a Sony Card. But this Sony card is not eligible for getting the offer...
Have you called and asked to speak to a supervisor? I would keep at them till it gets sorted.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #116
defzeppelin
defzeppelin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Kick their teeth in until they give you what you want. If you keep pressuring them and be patient about it, someone on the phone will eventually settle things for you. Just be stern.

Tell them something like this, "On 9/5 I ordered a SonyCard, but received a regular chase card instead, by accident. I told them that they made a mistake, so they sent me the Sonycard - the card I was supposed to get originally. Granted, the mistake was corrected, but the offer should still remain, so the original mistake on your part has still not been resolved. I expect the original mistake to be resolved so that I can receive the offer that I am definitely entitled to because I requested the card before your deadline. Thanks, and please stop being assholes."

You can leave the last sentence out if you want.

Last edited by defzeppelin; 10-06-2007 at 07:09 PM.
defzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #117
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've already talked to them and they said whatever appeared on the site was what we were able to get.
Now that the supply of 505's is heading out to store shelves, I wouldn't doubt the old stock of 500's are heading back to Sony and they'll clear those on the rewards site before 505's start appearing.

If the 505 was a *much* superior product, particularly the screen, then I could see making a stink for one but from what I've read from hands on reviews it sounds like the screen is nearly the same but the UI is better.

However thanks to this site I see the 500 is quite hackable and that is something I will enjoy futzing with once the newness wears off.
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #118
Sportsman
Sportsman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Shoot, just got back from a weekend fishing trip and was hoping to see the 505 online on Sony Rewards.

I guess I'll get a 500 with my Sony Card and also buy a 505 from Sony Style, then sell the 500 unopened on eBay to at least recoup some of the cost of the 505.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #119
SethM
SethM began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 500
tried to order but price isn't right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Follow the direction in this post and you'll be able to get your prs500 fore the discounted price...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=58
Hello, hoping someone here can help. Like others, I had quite an ordeal getting Chase to send the correct card and trying to coordinate with Sony Rewards before the offer expired. I thought things were fine and was just waiting for readers to show up in stock again at SonyRewards. Saw that they are back in stock and tried to order following the steps outlined at the above link. I was getting screens back that said I had $100 dollar credit but that after that was applied the remaining point total was 28700. At a penny a point, this is $287.00!!. Why pay this for a 500 when the 505 is out and has anybody else had better luck with late orders on the original offer?

Thanks
SethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:50 AM   #120
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethM View Post
Hello, hoping someone here can help. Like others, I had quite an ordeal getting Chase to send the correct card and trying to coordinate with Sony Rewards before the offer expired. I thought things were fine and was just waiting for readers to show up in stock again at SonyRewards. Saw that they are back in stock and tried to order following the steps outlined at the above link. I was getting screens back that said I had $100 dollar credit but that after that was applied the remaining point total was 28700. At a penny a point, this is $287.00!!. Why pay this for a 500 when the 505 is out and has anybody else had better luck with late orders on the original offer?

Thanks
You'll need to call the rewards people at 1-877-718-7669 and get someone who can sort it out for you.