Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Keyboard bug: numerical keys and spacebar

I needed to copy down a long string of numbers and my pen died, so I grabbed my new nook and made a note in my current book. Since the numbers were being read off to me in groups, I hit the spacebar between sets. That's when things got weird.

When you tap the spacebar on the keyboard in number mode, nook makes a space and switches to alpha mode WITHOUT changing the onscreen keyboard. So, tapping "3", causes "w" to appear. To continue typing numbers/symbols after a space, you must tap the "ABC" key and then "?123" key.

This happens in notes and in the search bar.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. When using punctuation, if I add a comma and then a space I have to tap ABC twice to get the alpha keyboard back up. If I want to enter a number next, I discover I've typed a letter because the keyboard is in alpha mode without switching the view. Very frustrating.
I also really, really hate the layout of the keyboard. Why can't period, comma and apostrophe be on the main screen? I use commas and apostrophes just as much as I use periods, or very nearly as much. Bleargh.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bug, keyboard, numbers