Notices

Old 01-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Napoleon
Master of the Universe
Napoleon is on a distinguished road

Device: Irex Iliad 2/e
Smile I want this cover for my Iliad

Hello everybody and Happy New Year!

I've just received the device this christmas (what a great gift!) and I don't have a cover yet, so it just stayed at home for the moment.

I searched through the forum for people's advices on covers/jackets, and I found a link to a page in a blog, namely (check it out, nice pictures):

http://wagnerian.tistory.com/21

I'm really interested in this particular cover, it looks convinient and it's the only one I've seen in which the neoprene stuff really protects the four corners of the Iliad.

I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me which model it is and (if possible) where to buy it. Is it the M-Edge Pilotsbook Jacket? (http://www.buymedge.com/p_eFlybook.html)

Thanks in advance for all the info you can send me!
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
The one in the link is the same exact cover that I have. It's an MEdge cover. But I can't remember exactly what they called it. I don't believe they carry that exact model anymore.

While the Pilotsbook Jacket is similar, it has a few differences I can see from looking at the picture. It looks like it has something to hold the stylus, and extra straps to keep the iLiad secure. It also appears to have a different strap that holds the front cover on. Look at the pictures closely, if you still like it, it's probably the closest thing you're going to get to the original cover you linked to.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
Napoleon
Master of the Universe

Adam! Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
Now that I know that it's exactly the model you have, I'm even more convinced I'll buy one of those. Can you tell me more on your opinions on this jacket model?

Thanks a lot again.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Whatever cover you end up getting, just make sure it has a hard shell embedded in the front of the cover to protect the screen. That's the most critical thing. The large screen is fairly fragile and doesn't react well to any sort of impact.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Napoleon
Master of the Universe

Thanks Shaggy for the heads-up on the front cover. I'll keep that in mind.
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
brainstogether
brainstogether
brainstogether began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Also make sure the stylus is easily accessible. I took the cover from the e-readeroutfitters (the default one) and it really sucks. Its hard to take out the stylus and very difficult to take out the iliad from the cover or put it back on.
brainstogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
Napoleon
Master of the Universe

Merci bien brainstogether!
I mean, thanks for your advice.
I haven't found yet THE perfect case for the Iliad.

Tags
iliad cover pilotsbook