Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
J4940
J4940 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glow
Kobo glow - how to put epubs on from calibre or desktop

I reciently purchased a kobo glow for my wife and cannot find any detailed instructions on how to transfer the epub files I already have on my computer (not in kobo's app) or from Calibre's library. Could someone either direct me to a thread that covers this, or give me some easy to follow directions? Thanks in advance.
J4940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Dear Author has a decent set of instructions:

http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/getting...are-functions/

Click their "Calibre" tag for more on setting it up.

Or you can just drag and drop an epub file onto the root folder of your device while your device is connected with USB.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Dear Author has a decent set of instructions:

http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/getting...are-functions/

Click their "Calibre" tag for more on setting it up.

Or you can just drag and drop an epub file onto the root folder of your device while your device is connected with USB.
If you copy epubs to your Glo manually, I'd suggest creating a folder to put the epubs in and possibly subfolders below that. I find that once you get over few hundred books, it's much easier to use a decent directory tree to locate a specific file when I'm editing/replacing an epub.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote