Old 08-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #46
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
lcd2eink 0.1.1 released.
"automatic mode" is added in this version.when "automatic mode" is on,it will check the lcd display every 5 seconds .if the display has been changed since last capture,a new capture will be made automatically.

hi kennyminot,can you tell me how can I edit my thread? I'd want to put the new release on the top of the thread if possible.
Do you mean in the title or in the initial thread details. If you meant in the thread details all you need to do is hit the paper clip when editing the thread details, remove the past file (or not if you would rather) and upload the file in the manner you originally did.

Also thanks for the development, I've yet to root my EE, but may because of this app.

Last edited by mokel22; 08-01-2011 at 01:38 PM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #47
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
Another idea. Can the Screen Dump message be disable, as sometimes is captured on the eink screen. this app is almost usable now with rotate screen in e-ink mode and autofresh.
A second note. Would be anyway that the wacom pen position on the eink mode read and transferred in lcd clicks? that will enable some kind of eink only operation. ideal in sun light. Javese you rock. Thanks for releasing the source as well. you are a real gentleman.
Thank you vicinc.It's very kind of you to say so,and I do appreciate your valuable suggestions.Android doesn't allow background service to listen to key events,but long press search will cause a broadcast.I added intent filter for long press search in lcd2eink 0.1.2,but unfortunately we don't have a search key in PE.I modified the keylayout file of PE to remap volume up as search,and it works.So with the cost of losing increase volume with key,we will be able to long press the volume up key to trigger a screen dump.
I noticed that some friends would want to remap an eink key,but sorry eink keys are not seeable in android side,and I got no luck in trying that.If anyone knows how to do it,please kindly let me know.

lcd2eink 0.1.2 is posted here both as binary and source code.I also post modified keylayout files which work on my PE ermine 0.9.I don't think the keylayout files will work on EE too.If you want to apply the key remapping on EE,you can either modify them by yourself or send them to me.Please be noticed that it's risky to change those files.

how to use lcd2eink 0.1.2:
1.install the apk;
2.use it as 0.1.1;
---optional--
3.remap volume up key to search key;
4.long press voume up key will trigger a screen dump;

how to remapy voume up key to search:
1.edit /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl,change "VOLUME_UP" to "SEARCH";
2.set file permission of /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl as rw-r--r--;
3.edit /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl,change "VOLUME_UP" to "SEARCH";
4.set file permission of /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl as rw-r--r--;
if you are using PE ermine,you can also use attached .kl files to replace the ones on your device.in this way you can skip step 1 and 3.

enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LCD2Eink_0.1.2.zip (25.6 KB, 259 views)
File Type: zip LCD2Eink_0.1.2_src.zip (27.2 KB, 250 views)
File Type: zip keylayout.zip (898 Bytes, 255 views)

Last edited by javese; 08-02-2011 at 12:58 AM.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #48
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
Do you mean in the title or in the initial thread details. If you meant in the thread details all you need to do is hit the paper clip when editing the thread details, remove the past file (or not if you would rather) and upload the file in the manner you originally did.

Also thanks for the development, I've yet to root my EE, but may because of this app.
Hi mokel22,I can't edit either the title or initial details.It may be a permission issue.Thanks for your help.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #49
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
Another idea. Can the Screen Dump message be disable, as sometimes is captured on the eink screen. this app is almost usable now with rotate screen in e-ink mode and autofresh.
A second note. Would be anyway that the wacom pen position on the eink mode read and transferred in lcd clicks?
the screen dump message can't be disabled yet as it's displayed by the built-in reader service.Technically we can replement the reader protocol to bypass reader service and avoid the toast,but that will need much work and I'm not sure it will worth the effort.
neither eink button click or wacom pen touch is seeable in an android application.I will try to do some research on linux for luck.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #50
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
javese, if you ever want web space to host your files or anything, just ask...

Last edited by emusan; 08-02-2011 at 10:48 AM.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #51
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
javase, if you ever want web space to host your files or anything, just ask...
Hi emusan,thanks for the offer,I'll keep that in mind.
And,you misspelled my name one more time...
Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #52
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
I don't think that dump message is a big deal. Far more valuable would be the ability of using the wacom digitizer on the android side. That would be extraordinary.

Quote:
the screen dump message can't be disabled yet as it's displayed by the built-in reader service.Technically we can replement the reader protocol to bypass reader service and avoid the toast,but that will need much work and I'm not sure it will worth the effort.
neither eink button click or wacom pen touch is seeable in an android application.I will try to do some research on linux for luck.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #53
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Hi emusan,thanks for the offer,I'll keep that in mind.
And,you misspelled my name one more time...
lol sorry, it was midnight when I posted it and I probably pronounce your name wrong too(which doesn't help when trying to spell it).
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #54
javese
Zealot

Just to share what I have found.
wacom events come from /dev/event6,tablet touch event come from /dev/event4.
If we get an event from /dev/event6 and fake an even from /dev/event4,we will then be able to use wacom pen to operate tablet applications.

# cat /proc/bus/input/devices
cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="gpio-keys"
P: Phys=gpio-keys/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event0 evbug
B: EV=23
B: KEY=1800000 0 c3780 f 0 10000000
B: SW=2b

N: Name="ESI Virtual Keyboard"
P: Phys=esikbd/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input1
H: Handlers=kbd event1 evbug
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100 0 1800000 0 2100 fffff ffffffff fffffffe

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="pxa27x-keypad"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input2
H: Handlers=kbd event2 evbug
B: EV=100003
B: KEY=4

I: Bus=0018 Vendor=dead Product=beef Version=0001
N: Name="ofm"
P: Phys=ofm
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input3
H: Handlers=mouse0 event3 evbug
B: EV=7
B: KEY=10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: REL=3

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="tsc2007"
P: Phys=tsc2007/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input4
H: Handlers=mouse1 event4 evbug
B: EV=100000b
B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=1000003

N: Name="power-button"
P: Phys=power-button/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input5
H: Handlers=kbd event5 evbug
B: EV=3
B: KEY=1800004 0 0

I: Bus=0013 Vendor=0040 Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name="Wacom DSU"
P: Phys=ttyS2/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input6
H: Handlers=mouse2 event6 evbug
B: EV=b
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=1000003
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #55
javese
Zealot

D:\tools\downloaded\android-sdk_r08-windows\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell
$ su
su
# /data/testinput
/data/testinput
Please select device:
0.wacom
1.tablet
type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_X, value = 286

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_Y, value = 424

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_PRESSURE, value = 74

type: EV_KEY, event = Unkown, value = 1

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_Y, value = 421

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_PRESSURE, value = 189

type: EV_KEY, event = Unkown, value = 0

^C
D:\tools\downloaded\android-sdk_r08-windows\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell
$ su
su
# /data/testinput
/data/testinput
Please select device:
0.wacom
1.tablet
type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_Y, value = 2095

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_X, value = 2875

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_PRESSURE, value = 255

type: EV_KEY, event = BTN_TOUCH, value = 1

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_Y, value = 2094

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_X, value = 2871

type: EV_ABS, event = ABS_PRESSURE, value = 0

type: EV_KEY, event = BTN_TOUCH, value = 0
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #56
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #57
fgruber
Academic

could it be possible that we may be able to even send pressure information from the wacom?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #58
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
could it be possible that we may be able to even send pressure information from the wacom?
wacom sensors don't pick up pressure AFAIK. That's what a resistive touchscreen is for.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #59
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Just commenting on another success story. I was about to write my research paper for one of my summer courses outside and I thought that it would be nice to have my outline on the e-ink side, but I didn't know how to put a word document on that side. So rather than searching the edge archive, I decided to use that as an excuse to finally root my edge and install this awesome app =p . It works great and I downloaded the updated one, so here is another success story for the full size edges.
Thanks again for this application; it is much appreciated.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #60
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
javese > I will test this when I got the chance. but looks promising. The bunch of m0r0ns paid by Entourage did not come even close to this.
Regarding key mapping I am using fantastically successful button remapper from beansoft on my nook and this works on PE as well.
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...uttonremapper/
very easy to do it and can be disabled with a hot boot. Device has to be rooted although.
it would be cool to use wacom controls for lcd.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote