Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
epub: links in toc should not be underlined ...

Hello

I have the following problem:

I created an XHTML file with some links. To be exact: On page 2 (after the title) I created a TOC.

The code is like:

Code:
<a href="#link1">chapter 1</a>
<a href="#link2">chapter 1</a>
Now, when I open the xhtml file in Firefox, there is an underline on the links. But I don't want that.

So I use a separate css, and write the following:

Code:
a[href] {
    color: black;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
Now, in Firefox, the underline is gone and the colour is black. But when I convert the xhtml file into an epub with calibre, the underline is back and the colour is blue. I opened the epub and looked at the css and now it said:

Code:
a[href] {
    color: blue;
    text-decoration: underline;
    cursor: pointer
    }
So, am I doing something wrong ? Or how can I get rid of the underline ?

Thanks for your help
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre currently forces that style on links to workaround a bug in the rendering of links in an old versions of ADE
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre currently forces that style on links to workaround a bug in the rendering of links in an old versions of ADE
o.k. thanks for the fast reply.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote