Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Nancy F Furner
Nancy F Furner began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Might as Well Get Started!

Good morning. I joined Mobile Reads a few days ago and have been too distracted to return and introduce myself ever since. I got laid off Wednesday, registered for unemployment, then was glued to the TV for hours watching the tracks of several tornadoes (I live in Oklahoma). Thank goodness, no one was killed or seriously hurt, but the cleanup will go on for weeks.

I'm just getting started as an online publisher, specializing in authors whose work doesn't fit neatly into any known genre. You can view my current protégés at [promotional material deleted - MODERATOR]

Being unemployed feels so strange, after 26+ years at the same company. I didn't feel sad until I carried an old potted plant out to the dumpster and tossed it in because I just didn't feel like taking it home, washing the dust off its leaves and re-potting it (all of which it needed). Sounds like a metaphor, huh?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Nancy F Furner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Nancy and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
online publisher, unemployed