Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #406
WarningU2
WarningU2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS 300
I now leave them turned on in my hand luggage and no one ever knows. I continue to fly without crashing. Go figure.
WarningU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #407
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Hope you're not on my plane next week. How hard is it to turn it off for a couple of minutes for take off and landing? No they aren't sure that there's any effect but I don't want to be on the one that crashes if it does happen. Give the stewards a break and do what they ask.. you'll get better service that way.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #408
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningU2 View Post
I now leave them turned on in my hand luggage and no one ever knows. I continue to fly without crashing. Go figure.
I've actually been unintentionally doing that for years now, cellphones, and laptops at least. the kindle has mostly been closed, in its cover next to my hip. the only special thing going on with it is that I haven't been reading it. at least until the flight attendants are strapped in.

Chinese Fire Drill Anyone?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #409
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
It's sort of a gray area, but I don't hesitate to continue reading my e-book as soon as we land while everyone else scrambles for their phones.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote