Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Calling all Kindle owners!!!

Who haven't voted!!

Have you LOOKED at the poll??

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...108#post478108

People, we are getting creamed here~

89-28????

Now, I don't want any fake "pity" votes, I want you Kindle people to step up and and vote, thereby proudly proclaiming

"I OWN A KINDLE"

I know you're out there.....don't make me call Acorn!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Maybe they don't want the world to know they've an ugly stick?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
One more door isn't going to help your cause.

WDE. (Runs and hides and calls all his SONY friends)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
What's a Kindle?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
What's a Kindle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
One more door isn't going to help your cause.

WDE. (Runs and hides and calls all his SONY friends)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Maybe they don't want the world to know they've an ugly stick?

smack smack smack!!!
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
89-28????
Since you started this thread it is now 94-28. Maybe all Kindle owners secretly wish they owned a Sony.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
What can you possibly call a corn that it might find insulting?

This is pretty much all I could think of:

Your rows look mighty uneven.

I wouldn't feed you to the hogs.

Your mother was a kernel and your father was a fish.
(old pilgrim reference)

Get back on the stalk, you're still green!

You're no corn, you're just another pea pod.

And perhaps worst of all:

I've eaten broccoli that tastes better than you!
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
What can you possibly call a corn that it might find insulting?

This is pretty much all I could think of:

Your rows look mighty uneven.

I wouldn't feed you to the hogs.

Your mother was a kernel and your father was a fish.
(old pilgrim reference)

Get back on the stalk, you're still green!

You're no corn, you're just another pea pod.

And perhaps worst of all:

I've eaten broccoli that tastes better than you!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

HEY! No thread hijacking!! Thats bad form!

You people are having WAY too much fun with this!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
There is a kindle packin' Grandma
Who, on Sony's, issued a Fatwa
she set up a pole,
but scored an own goal,
Raising a truly great hurrah!

(Look, if you're going to exclude minorities, like Cybook et al, you've got expect hassle!)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Who haven't voted!!

Have you LOOKED at the poll??

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...108#post478108

People, we are getting creamed here~

89-28????

Now, I don't want any fake "pity" votes, I want you Kindle people to step up and and vote, thereby proudly proclaiming

"I OWN A KINDLE"

Well, consider DG, that while I own (and love) three Kindles, I am only allowed one vote. Now, that's not really fair is it?? Certainly, each person should have as many votes as they have Sonys or Kindles. Oh, and my fourth (a DX) will be coming this Summer. Having already put down my money for it, wouldn't it be fair to let me have four votes??

Just saying ....

Oh, and a lot of the Sony owners are in locations where they are not "permitted" to own a Kindle, or they thought (strangely, in my personal view) that the Sony was the better product. So, sure, there are probably a lot more Sony owners than Kindle owners. Doesn't make me love my Kindles any less.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 06-02-2009 at 11:41 AM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh, and a lot of the Sony owners are in locations where they are not "permitted" to own a Kindle, or they thought (strangely, in my personal view) that the Sony was the better product. So, sure, there are probably a lot more Sony owners than Kindle owners. Doesn't make me love my Kindles any less.
yeah, hence the Europeans skewed butts
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
yeah, hence the Europeans skewed butts
Now, now .... I would say the Europeans have skewed butts. I would say their butts were just "different."

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hey! my butt's not skewed! (A bit wobbly perhaps, but not skewed!)

Go Sony!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #15
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Now, now .... I would say the Europeans have skewed butts. I would say their butts were just "different."

Memo to self. Before panicking and thinking Ricky is planning to skish kebab our posteriors, read the post very carefully and check whether or not there is a "re" in skewered...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote