Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
k2i battery woes

The battery life started to decrease on my old k2i so I ordered a new one, followed the video and installed a new one. It wasn't difficult and I had no major problems until I tried turning the thing on...

Unfortunately it won't turn on. I tried a quick push of the slider button and I also tried holding it for 20 seconds (?). I just have an old gothic image on the screen that won't change.

I tried putting it on the recharger but the light hasn't come on (it wasn't brilliant at coming on before). Any ideas?

I'll try putting the old battery back in and see if the thing springs to life but that will still leave the question as to why it's not working. I did use the charger to try and power up a Raspberry Pi (a little tiny computer) last night so perhaps I've damaged that, or the new battery, or the kindle.

Mike

EDIT : also just tried plugging it into the pc via the usb cable but the computer didn't pop up with a new device detected window and the little light is still off on the kindle.

Last edited by mike_bike_kite; 10-05-2012 at 07:29 AM.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
False panic. I tried the old battery and the Kindle worked fine. I tried the new one again and this time it the light came on. I guess I'd somehow done something wrong first time.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
The position and angle one holds their jaw and the tong is very important sometimes when preforming delicate operations.

Glad you survived your panic.

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote