Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #1
lifeinoleg
lifeinoleg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hoopla on Kobo Device

Hello all, I'm a new member of this forum and have a Libra H2O coming my way soon. I know that there's Overdrive integration on the device, which is great because I use OD a lot, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to use Hoopla as well?

The two services work differently -- I think Hoopla would require navigating to the site via web browser. Is that something that could be done with a Libra?
lifeinoleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinoleg View Post
Hello all, I'm a new member of this forum and have a Libra H2O coming my way soon. I know that there's Overdrive integration on the device, which is great because I use OD a lot, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to use Hoopla as well?

The two services work differently -- I think Hoopla would require navigating to the site via web browser. Is that something that could be done with a Libra?
Maybe, but I would think that web browsing Hoopla would work very poorly. Audiobooks and video are right out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@lifeinoleg: What @JSWolf didn't actually say is that the Libra H2O, along with all other Kobo e-ink based ereaders, has no audio capability. Hence, you cannot listen to any sort of audio books. Video isn't going to be a good experience either as the device has a low CPU and the e-ink screens aren't designed for this. The device does have a browser, but, it isn't a full-featured browser, and is not suitable for many sites.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:01 PM   #4
lifeinoleg
lifeinoleg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for the responses! Actually, Hoopla has ebooks and comic books, too. I was hoping it might work for those. No waiting lists on Hoopla and a pretty decent collection of classic science fiction.
lifeinoleg is offline   Reply With Quote