Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 05:59 AM   #76
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I did some fast testing and it seems to work fine here on my XP box
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #77
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Thanks! Looks good upon a quick test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Made a quick mod to the GUI to support the PERL file directly instead of using the Win32 compiled version which seems to be causing some problems for some people.

Provided you have Perl setup exactly as described by Tommy you will only need to ensure the perl file of mobi2mobi is called mobi2mobi.pl. You just point to the directory with the file in it and tick the Use Perl tick box.

Hope this helps out some people. Let me know as usual if you have any problems.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Made a quick mod to the GUI to support the PERL file directly instead of using the Win32 compiled version which seems to be causing some problems for some people.

Provided you have Perl setup exactly as described by Tommy you will only need to ensure the perl file of mobi2mobi is called mobi2mobi.pl. You just point to the directory with the file in it and tick the Use Perl tick box.

Hope this helps out some people. Let me know as usual if you have any problems.
But you cannot call it .10. It's still whatever version you used to modify it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #79
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
The Mobi2Mobi_GUI has been incremented to 0.10 as I made some internal modifications to my program to support the Perl version of Tommy's Mobi2Mobi program. As per the readme so long as you are using v0.0.37 of the Mobiperl tools or the Win32 compile the GUI should hopefully work fine. Who's version numbering do you believe I'm stepping on? =8)
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #80
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you cannot call it .10. It's still whatever version you used to modify it.
He went from .009 to .010 which is perfectly legitimate way to track changes.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do apologize for getting it all wrong. Please ignore my previous post in this thread.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

But does that mean that there will be a fork in the versions as some of us are not using the pearl version and are using the Windows compiled version?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #83
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Mobi2Mobi GUI v0.11 Released

Ok I've done some more tidying up and made the GUI a little smarter so that when you specify the Mobi2Mobi directory it will check for either a valid mobi2mobi.exe Win32 compile filename or a valid mobi2mobi.pl Perl filename. If you have both versions in the directory you can select to use either one.

I've also added some basic button checks on the Open & Convert buttons. You can't open a file unless a valid mobi2mobi.exe or .pl is found and you can't convert a file unless you actually open one to start with.

Hi JSWolf, the GUI supports both the Perl installed version and a Win32 compiled version and differentiating between the 2 should hopefully be a little more straight forward now within the GUI. The only caveat is that the both versions need be a minimum of v0.0.37 of the Mobiperl tools as there are features that the GUI requires that only exist from that version onwards.

Hope this makes sense to everyone. As always let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

Cheers

Jarrod
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v011.zip (13.4 KB, 573 views)
Old 04-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #84
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But does that mean that there will be a fork in the versions as some of us are not using the pearl version and are using the Windows compiled version?
What is pearl? Did you mean Perl? The binary is a Perl version also. It just includes the interpreter and pack all the Perl code in one file.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:36 AM   #85
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Ok I've done some more tidying up and made the GUI a little smarter so that when you specify the Mobi2Mobi directory it will check for either a valid mobi2mobi.exe Win32 compile filename or a valid mobi2mobi.pl Perl filename. If you have both versions in the directory you can select to use either one.

Hope this makes sense to everyone. As always let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

Cheers

Jarrod
This one woks for me. Thanks for the good work.

The only things I'd like to see to make it perfect, in order of importance, are:

1) Set the 'language'. That one is needed because otherwise my dictionary needs that.
2) Set the 'Genre'. That makes it more easy to find a book
3) Set the 'Description' Just because I'd like it
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #86
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
This one woks for me. Thanks for the good work.

The only things I'd like to see to make it perfect, in order of importance, are:

1) Set the 'language'. That one is needed because otherwise my dictionary needs that.
2) Set the 'Genre'. That makes it more easy to find a book
3) Set the 'Description' Just because I'd like it
You can set description in mobi2mobi with:
Code:
--exthtype description --exthdata "New descr"
I have also just added a flag --description which will be in the next version.

Is there a EXTH header entry for genre? I did not find it in my documentation.

I do not think you can set the language with mobi2mobi now but I will try to add it and go through my tickets and do a new release in the weekend.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM   #87
Jad
Groupie

Since Tommy is going to all the hard work to surface the extra flags to allow these mods I'll look at incorporating them into the GUI when they make it into the mobiperl tools.

Thanks for the feedback and improvement suggestions.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #88
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
n.

Is there a EXTH header entry for genre? I did not find it in my documentation.

I do not think you can set the language with mobi2mobi now but I will try to add it and go through my tickets and do a new release in the weekend.
I'm not sure about the 'genre' EXTH header. But I can see it when I use Notepad++ to open a simple test book I made from a Word file.

The book is called: This is a test Book
The language is: English US
The author is: This is the Author
The genre is: Technology

The information is also in the OPF file

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package unique-identifier="uid"><metadata><dc-metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core" xmlns:oebpackage="http://openebook.org/namespaces/oeb-package/1.0/">
<dc:Title>This is a test Book</dc:Title>
<dc:Language>en-us</dc:Language>
<dc:Identifier id="uid">98B2B26D1F</dc:Identifier>
<dc:Creator>This is the Author</dc:Creator>
<dc:Publisher>This is the Publisher</dc:Publisher>
<dc:Subject BASICCode="TEC000000">Technology</dc:Subject>
<dc:Description>This is the Description</dc:Description>
</dc-metadata><x-metadata>
<output encoding="Windows-1252"></output>
</x-metadata></metadata>
<manifest>
<item id="item1" media-type="text/x-oeb1-document" href="This is a test Book.html"></item></manifest>
<spine><itemref idref="item1"/></spine>
<tours></tours>
<guide></guide>
</package>
It looks like it is called "Subject"
Attached Files
File Type: prc This is a test Book.prc (2.8 KB, 452 views)
Old 04-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #89
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I
It looks like it is called "Subject"
Then I know what it is. The thing is that a book can have more than one subject entry so I have to write code for handling this since I do not think I have done that before.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #90
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Since Tommy is going to all the hard work to surface the extra flags to allow these mods I'll look at incorporating them into the GUI when they make it into the mobiperl tools.
--language and --description is now in the subversion version:

https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/mobiperl/

Tags
mobi2mobi