Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Library books

Okay, so I've loaded a few library books on my pocketbook now. One thing I've run into is that the first time I download the file from the library, and open in ADE to transfer to my pocketbook, when I open on the pocketbook, it does not work and says that it cannot open the book. So then if I delete the files and download a second time and transfer again, it will work. This just seems weird. When I do a DRM file from a bookstore I do not have this problem. So my question is, do you think that it is something in the firmware or the overdrive site? Any way to avoid it? I think for now, I'll just check it before taking out my pb. Just seems weird. Both the card and the pb main memory are authorized by the way and work for everything other than the library books on the first try.

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Jodi -

I've never had that problem before.

But.

I've noticed that you have to have ADE open for a while before you can even open/move any of your library books to the PB360. I'm assuming because the ADE program has to index all the books on the PB360 - both for the main device and for the SD card (if you have one...). I usually plug in the PB360, open ADE, then go off and do something different for a while while I wait for the two to synch.

Oh, one other thing. Are you putting the library books on the PB360 itself? It won't work if you try to transfer them to the SD card - they must be put into the main memory of the PB360. If you try to put them on the SD card, they won't be recognized when you go to open them [from the reader] - even if they look as if they are there...

Good luck hunting down the solution. Sorry I can't be more help.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Okay, right now I do have them on my SD card and they do work. I read some last night and it was fine on the sd card. I have both the reader and the card authorized. Last time it was in the main memory though and same issue both times. Maybe I'm not waiting long enough before I copy them over. I'll try that next time round.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote