Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher
cyberbaffled began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can Calibre explode a MobiPocket .prc file and then reassemble it?

I was under the impression from forum comments that Calibre could be used to explode a MobiPocket generated .prc file and then reassemble it's html, etc. components into a .prc file; after wanted adjustments. However, when I attempt to "add" the .prc file in Calibre I'm limited to identifying it as an .epub or a .lit file. It's neither. Anyone know of a solution to this constraint, provided this is a legitimate Calibre task to begin with?
cyberbaffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbaffled View Post
I was under the impression from forum comments that Calibre could be used to explode a MobiPocket generated .prc file and then reassemble it's html, etc. components into a .prc file; after wanted adjustments. However, when I attempt to "add" the .prc file in Calibre I'm limited to identifying it as an .epub or a .lit file. It's neither. Anyone know of a solution to this constraint, provided this is a legitimate Calibre task to begin with?
Hopefully someone versed in PRC files can weigh in. I have added many non-DRM'd PRC files and converted them to ePub via calibre without a hitch.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert