Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #61
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
Hey guys,

Old thread but the idea is still great.

I tried to use this on new Pocketbook Touch with unhacked (original) AdobeViewer.
Touch has blank UserStyle.css in /system/fonts/adobe.
File looks as just a placeholder, any attempt to fill it with content winds up with automatic overwriting it by the same blank file (just body{}).
So I made this file read-only, filled it with Tselling's suggested content, and copied fonts to system/fonts.
Interesting that AdobeViewer in Touch is affected by changes made to css file (I set very large left margin and this worked).
However, font stays unaffected.
Maybe someone has Touch and can figure out why this happens?
Could be that path to fonts changed or Linux mount changed name for Touch?
I believe that fonts embedded in the ebook have precedence in AdobeViewer, no matter what is in UserStyle.css or which version of the program. I've read elsewhere in this forum that if you want to control the fonts used, you have to strip out the ones embedded in the ebook. Maybe that is why you can't change the fonts.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #62
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@EbokJunkie,

I don't know about the newer PB models but this userStyle1.css gives me my chosen font (Charis) on my PB360 (original) with the hacked ADE version of fw15.2, even if there is a different embedded font.

Code:
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/CharisSIL-Regular.ttf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/CharisSIL-Italic.ttf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/CharisSIL-Bold.ttf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/CharisSIL-BoldItalic.ttf)}

body, body.book, body.text, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4  {
    font-family: serif;
    line-height: 1.2;
    widows: 0; orphans: 0;
    margin-left: 5pt; margin-right: 5pt;
    font-size: 1em
    }
The red bits are important. You can leave out the line-height/widows/orphans/margins/font-size lines if you do not want to override what is already in the epub css.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #63
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Thank you Jackie, your idea about multiple body tags saved my day :-)
One note: on Pocketbook Touch res:/// path doesn't work.I just used path relative to css location: url(./fonts/font_file_name) and that worked for me.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote