Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
For those curious of the titanium hardcases.

That are being sold to Sony PRS500/505 owners on eBay... Yes, they're rather nice. Yes, withOUT the softcover, the Cybook will nestle completely inside. The Cybook will fit - length and width-wise -inside with the softcover, but the lid won't close properly as the *OLDER* softcover is a mite thick. I don't have the *NEW* softcover so I can't say if it's significantly thinner. Still, I think with a bit of glued-on velcro strapping, I'll have a nice, SAFE home for my Cybook.

Here's the link to the photos. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27934

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
I love this case... My Sony never leaves home with it!
JRM34857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM34857 View Post
I love this case... My Sony never leaves home with it!
Same. It makes me feel so safe when I put it in my bag. Before, I would get so paranoid at every nudge or bump.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is a VERY misleading name. These cases are NOT made of titanium .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:59 AM   #5
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur
Spellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen3
I posted this in the other thread, but aren't these things just the generic metal cases they release with some DVD's these days to make you think you're getting something special?
Spellbot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 02:59 AM   #6
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is a VERY misleading name. These cases are NOT made of titanium .
Agreed - I looked up the site.

Quote:
Titanium eCaddy(tm)
The Perfect Hard Shell Case For Your Sony eBook Reader. The Titanium eCaddy (tm) makes for the ultimate travel companion for your Sony eBook Reader. Protect your investment from dirt, scuffs, spills and breakage. The Titanium eCaddy (tm) will enable you to carry your Reader in your purse or luggage without worrying about something getting pushed into the screen and causing damage.
Note how they use the word titanium three times in one paragraph. And then at the bottom:
Quote:
Titanium colored metal case - not made of Titanium
Sony Reader Not Included
Lame. Still, I have recently been reading on the sony both with the standard cover and without, and I like handling it better without, so some sort of transport box would be perfect. But something a little more elegant. *still looking*
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 AM   #7
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur
Spellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enough

Check this out. Virtually the same case, FOR $1.40! It doesn't have the foam insert, but you could by a little foam at someplace like Michaels for another dollar or two, and you've got the same thing for much, much cheaper.

http://www.rivierapublishing.co.uk/a...DVD_case_.html
Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbot 5000 View Post
I posted this in the other thread, but aren't these things just the generic metal cases they release with some DVD's these days to make you think you're getting something special?
I guess I believed the listing. If they're *NOT* titanium, then that's eCaddy's misleading, no mine.

Derek
Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbot 5000 View Post
Check this out. Virtually the same case, FOR $1.40! It doesn't have the foam insert, but you could by a little foam at someplace like Michaels for another dollar or two, and you've got the same thing for much, much cheaper.

http://www.rivierapublishing.co.uk/a...DVD_case_.html

Ummm... While I agree that this may NOT be made of titanium, the Titanium eCaddy is NOT that same as the case you just posted a link to. Note the *massive* seam on the one you've listed. The eCaddy has no such seam. Seams are weak points.

Derek
Old 08-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Ummm... While I agree that this may NOT be made of titanium, the Titanium eCaddy is NOT that same as the case you just posted a link to. Note the *massive* seam on the one you've listed. The eCaddy has no such seam. Seams are weak points.

Derek

A tin can in two parts is a tin can in two parts as far as I am concerned. I don't really see a difference except in price and a bit of foam.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 AM   #11
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post

Derek
No, seams aren't really week points. It's mostly like spot welded at the seam, and the weld would be stronger than the actual metal in the case. Besides, assuming you aren't planning to also use the case a wheel chock for a vehicle, it'll take most abuse you can throw at it.

And the eCaddy isn't anything special, like it was designed to hold an eReader. It's generic metal case that thousands of resellers market around the world. One seller might list it as a DVD case, the other an eReader case, the next a pencil case, and another as a protective carrier for colostomy bags.

Last edited by Spellbot 5000; 08-20-2008 at 12:51 AM.