Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Exit reader app?

I am hoping there is a magic way of simply closing the reader app instead of having to go to the home screen over and over.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
I am hoping there is a magic way of simply closing the reader app instead of having to go to the home screen over and over.
Swipe your finger from right to left along the status bar, where the WiFi, Volume, Time, etc... is located. Should return you where you were before reading.

Last edited by Lester Burnham; 01-06-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Lester Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Lester, I knew there had to be some way to exit.

I imagine B&N decided an X would be too intrusive.

Thanks again.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902, Nook Tablet
Lester Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
I imagine B&N decided an X would be too intrusive.
Having an exit option is not the Android way. It is more battery efficient to leave the apps in memory, whenever possible, than to continually load and unload them.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Having an exit option is not the Android way. It is more battery efficient to leave the apps in memory, whenever possible, than to continually load and unload them.
I think what he's lamenting is the lack of a 'back' button, which does feel pretty ridiculous on my infrequent forays into stock on my Nook Color--I'll have to check if the slide trick works on the NC as well.

In CM7, I not only have softkeys in the status bar, but also have Menu and Back mapped to my volume buttons.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I think what he's lamenting is the lack of a 'back' button, which does feel pretty ridiculous on my infrequent forays into stock on my Nook Color--I'll have to check if the slide trick works on the NC as well.

In CM7, I not only have softkeys in the status bar, but also have Menu and Back mapped to my volume buttons.
well, a back button does the same as an exit button, closes the app. probably the OP would prefer the task manager, so you can switch between your recent apps. thats missing from the stock ROM.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
LordP
Zealot

Just to be clear.

What I was asking for is a way to exit the reader app and be back where I was....browsing my SD card, and NOT back to the home screen.

Lester gave me a perfect way to do that.

Wether or not I actually exit the reader app is inconsequential - I simply needed a way to not have to browse my way back over and over again.

Ver inconvenient not to have a way back. Very.