Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
vital2k
vital2k began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Images are broken across 2 pages after converting to ePub from RTF. iPhone.

Hi everybody!

Please, help! Whenever I convert a book with images to ePub, the images are broken across 2 pages. The image is relatively small for iPhone screen, and can easily fit on one page, but when I view that book in iBooks the upper part of the image following the text occupies the lower portion of the screen while the remaining part of the same image is on the very next page with the text flowing after the image.

How can I tune up Calibre so it separates the images from the text to place the entire image on one page?

Thank you,
V
vital2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vital2k View Post
when I view that book in iBooks the upper part of the image following the text occupies the lower portion of the screen while the remaining part of the same image is on the very next page with the text flowing after the image.
EPUB has no concept of a page. This is an issue with how iBooks renders the EPUB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital2k View Post
How can I tune up Calibre so it separates the images from the text to place the entire image on one page?
You can't with calibre. However, you can edit the EPUB with Sigil which even have help forum here on MobileRead.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
vital2k
vital2k began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
EPUB has no concept of a page. This is an issue with how iBooks renders the EPUB.

You can't with calibre. However, you can edit the EPUB with Sigil which even have help forum here on MobileRead.
Thank you for your help!
vital2k is offline   Reply With Quote