Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #46
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Has anybody read Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America's Vietnam by Fredrik Logevall?
I have never read a more interesting nonfiction book in my life...And I love nonfiction. Not only for the theme of Southeast Asia and Indochina, but the way it is written is amazing.
Unsurprisingly, the book has excellent reviews and was chosen for one of the best 2012 books by Washington Post (and no, it is not biased towards America, at all).
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #47
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
I can recommend A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe.

Recounts the Great Plague in London in 1666 (iirc), language is a
bit archaic but you really get a sense of the fear and paranioia
when an epidemic breaks out in a crowded city.
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #48
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomesticExtremis View Post
I can recommend A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe.

Recounts the Great Plague in London in 1666 (iirc), language is a
bit archaic but you really get a sense of the fear and paranioia
when an epidemic breaks out in a crowded city.
Thank you for the recommendation! I added the book to my wishlist.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote