Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #571
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
please do not do that again, cipri. We didn't take any actions against you because of your "gags", but his is more serious. Please consider yourself officially warned.
Perhaps your warnings could happen in private message next time.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #572
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Perhaps your warnings could happen in private message next time.
The offense did not happen in private message, either.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #573
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Thumbs up PocketBook, keep up the GREAT work!

Quote:
The offense did not happen in private message, either.
Excellent point! If you want to insult someone in a public forum, expect the response to be equally public. Given that the current PocketBook line is less than a year old, and we've already had three firmware updates for the 60x and 90x series' ereaders, I'd say they've been working pretty damned hard. It took Sony more than two years to get the first firmware update out for their ereaders. Instead of nitpicking and whining because it doesn't do exactly what everybody wants, how about cutting them some slack and making helpful suggestions. PocketBook does ereaders, and they do them really well, not like other electronics companies who jumped on the bandwagon as an afterthought because they realized they were missing a profit sector. And PocketBook actually has product to market, not like so many other companies who've promised and then moved the release date back to Never-Never Land.

My opinion, but it's still valid.
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #574
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
There has been no shortage of helpful suggestions (otherwise known as bug reports and feature requests). Some of them were even addressed (lack of button controls for text to speech and text entry, misleading calculator widget), but that could be sheer coincidence. A lot of the frustration stems from seeing that promises were not upheld (f.e. keyboard support, SDK, 302 update) and the large updates were low to zero priority (new update feature, new calculator). Some important features like zoom to fit and search still cannot be relied on.

Long story short, there is slack. Sometimes tightening it is appropriate, but keep things civil.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #575
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
Excellent point! If you want to insult someone in a public forum, expect the response to be equally public. Given that the current PocketBook line is less than a year old, and we've already had three firmware updates for the 60x and 90x series' ereaders, I'd say they've been working pretty damned hard. It took Sony more than two years to get the first firmware update out for their ereaders. Instead of nitpicking and whining because it doesn't do exactly what everybody wants, how about cutting them some slack and making helpful suggestions. PocketBook does ereaders, and they do them really well, not like other electronics companies who jumped on the bandwagon as an afterthought because they realized they were missing a profit sector. And PocketBook actually has product to market, not like so many other companies who've promised and then moved the release date back to Never-Never Land.

My opinion, but it's still valid.
Excellent point, still, it would be more comforting to me personally if the next update got rid of the bugs introduced by the last three.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #576
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rcus View Post
Has anyone succefully updated PB with firmware in my post before? I have tried 903, but got message Image is corrupted. Maybe germans made some mistake and we need wait for never build?
same problem - this is the error message you are supposed to get if the disk is too full. I do not have a card, and I have more than 50% space (more than 500K), but keep getting the error - I give up!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:50 AM   #577
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
same problem - this is the error message you are supposed to get if the disk is too full. I do not have a card, and I have more than 50% space (more than 500K), but keep getting the error - I give up!
I know about it, find it in manual, but should not be in my case. I have 841 MB free on PB and 3 GB on card.

I have tried LIBRI image from .de, .fr, .bg sites of pocketbook. Images are the same size, .zip is OK, md5sum is identical. But they are not working for me.
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #578
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rcus View Post
I know about it, find it in manual, but should not be in my case. I have 841 MB free on PB and 3 GB on card.

I have tried LIBRI image from .de, .fr, .bg sites of pocketbook. Images are the same size, .zip is OK, md5sum is identical. But they are not working for me.
I also must have enough room, as I had no problems with 2.0.5 which is almost identical in size. But if other people have succeeded, I would have thought it cannot be the just the file. Perhaps we can have a go at the NA version, and possibly also the CIS one, I'll try tonight and let you know.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #579
Tulapi
Connoisseur
Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602, Nook Simple Touch, Inkbook Classic 2, T63 JDRead
I had no problem with 2.0.6 on 602.

(downloaded from pocketbook.fr )
Tulapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #580
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Without problem with 2.06 on my PB 902. Downloaded from pocketbook.de.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #581
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I also must have enough room, as I had no problems with 2.0.5 which is almost identical in size. But if other people have succeeded, I would have thought it cannot be the just the file. Perhaps we can have a go at the NA version, and possibly also the CIS one, I'll try tonight and let you know.
I have tried NA version just a minute ago - same problem, same message. I think there must be something with my PB903 (configuration, downloaded apps, etc.). I don't want to believe that there can be both LIBRI and NA images wrong.
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #582
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I will check if this is a more general bug and report if it is.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #583
surax
surax began at the beginning.

Device: pro-903
Quote:
I had no problem with 2.0.6 on Pro 903.
surax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #584
paola
Wizard

Quote:
thanks mtravellerh - in the meantime, last night the automatic update feature seemed to be working and downloading a 2.0.6 version (though I do not know form where - and the "info" tab gave information in cirillic), but theconnection wasn't stable and in the end the programme aborted - will try again tonight.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #585
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Here's why the developers don't have enough time to fix firmware, provide promised features... http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...e-ink-ereader/

They've spent the time converting Doom 2 to run on the new pocketbook 360 plus. Now that they've had the only likely headline they'll get from this waste of time, maybe they'll get back too it. :/
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote