Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
OK, that's such a good deal I'm going to buy it, even though neither my TBR pile nor my 2013 challenge thanks me for it!
Bought and now read. Not as good as the other two books I've read, but not bad either. It is a little dated, as any story written recently would depict the tech differently. The plot was a little weak — more Amazing Stories than Analog SFF. But it kept my attention enough to read it in a day.

I'll be getting more of his books as my TBR list allows.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #17
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Bought and now read. Not as good as the other two books I've read, but not bad either. It is a little dated, as any story written recently would depict the tech differently. The plot was a little weak — more Amazing Stories than Analog SFF. But it kept my attention enough to read it in a day.

I'll be getting more of his books as my TBR list allows.
I agree totally. For a book written in the 70s, the technology seems outdated now, and the book has no aspirations to great literature. It was meant purely as an exciting story, and I'm glad it seemed to work for you on that level.

I do like the character of Dev Korrell, though, and I've just started work on a long-delayed sequel called Spacer's Holiday. I'll have to keep it consistent with the first book, but I'll try to make it as modern as possible.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #18
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read an Ebook Week

Joining the Smashwords Read an Ebook Week celebration (March 3-9) again this year, I've once more made Assault on the Gods half price for the duration of the sale (as are all my booklength titles).

More exciting news: I've just made a deal to convert it into an audiobook. Publication should be in a couple of months, and I'm very excited.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
Stephen:

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate you participating in Smashwords promotion for Read an Ebook Week.

Earlier this week I bought the entire Parsina saga because I love Arabian Knights-style fantasy and the pricing was irresistible.

However, I hadn't realized that you had written the Doc Smith Family d'Alembert series! I have fond memories of reading two of the books in high school (they were the only ones I could find, living in a small rural town and all) ... but learning that the Agents of Isis is a "close cousin" of the original series and with the magic of instant purchasing and downloading via the internet, the entire series is now in my library.

That has about tapped out my budget for the time being, but I expect more of your works will be in my library soon.

I can't wait to dive in! Best of luck with your new work!
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #20
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Thank you, Bill. I hope you enjoy both series. They're very different from one another in flavor, but I hope I managed to capture the same sense of adventure, excitement, and fun in each of them. I find it hard to write a book I'm not personally enjoying, and I hope my enjoyment will catch fire with the readers as well. Pleasant reading!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #21
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

New ebook cover for Assault on the Gods

I've just replaced the ebook cover on Assault on the Gods. The new cover now appears immediately on the Smashwords and Kindle editions; as the metadata spreads through the Internet, it will eventually reach the other retailers as well. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Assault2 ebook-300.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	104223  
Old 07-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #22
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale

Take advantage of the Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale during the entire month of July (summer in the Northern Hemisphere, winter in the Southern) to stock up on great reading bargains.

Assault on the Gods is being discounted this month at 50% off, as are all the other great novel-length science fiction and fantasy ebooks from Parsina Press that are participating in the Sale.

Stock up for reading, whichever season you're in.

Last edited by sgoldin; 07-04-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: corrected typo

Tags
aliens, female protagonist, science fiction, space adventure, space opera