Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #46
Genaro Zamora
thriller tale
Genaro Zamora can extract oil from cheeseGenaro Zamora can extract oil from cheeseGenaro Zamora can extract oil from cheeseGenaro Zamora can extract oil from cheeseGenaro Zamora can extract oil from cheeseGenaro Zamora can extract oil from cheeseGenaro Zamora can extract oil from cheeseGenaro Zamora can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle app
woah, thats a lot of books
Genaro Zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #47
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Tucson (Pima County Public Library)

eBooks (pdf/epub) - 1224, of which a little over 300 are manga/marvel comics

WMA audiobooks - 1109

mp3 audiobooks - 1181
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #48
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
Here's a round-up of some of the SoCal libraries:
Thanks bookwerm for taking the time to post all those stats

Have we hit all major US metropolitan areas? Cleveland/NE Ohio is impressive.

Do we have anyone from Toronto, Montreal or Quebec? So far Canada seems to have good inventories.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #49
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMason View Post
The London Public Library offers eBooks, as do a few others. The water's cold, but toes are being dipped into it here and there.

I believe that's London, Ontario. Total 1048 ebooks.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #50
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I live in Australia too.
In NSW alone Overdrive lists:

Ashfield Public Library
Burwood Library
Campbelltown Library
City of Canada Bay Council
Marrickville Library Service
Penrith City Library Digital Media Collection
Randwick City Library Service
Strathfield Library
Sutherland Shire Libraries
The Hills Shire Library Service
Waverley Library
Six of those use the same online library, though, and it's pretty small.
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #51
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
Buffalo & Erie County Public Library:
1,699 ePub & PDF
388 MP3 audiobooks
2,941 WMA audiobooks
(not too bad, since they've only been doing E for about 18 months)

New York Public Library:
15,030 ePub, PDF and Mobi
10,572 audiobooks

So glad I stopped at the NYPL on vacation in 2005!
Hah! I couldn't get the numbers on my public or uni library but ... hell yeah! my library has more books than the NYPL 20748 no duplicate files.

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #52
some call me tim
Connoisseur
some call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
Seattle: Over 21,000 eBooks, over 11,000 Overdrive Audiobooks
5004 - MobiPocket
5980 - ePub
10208 - Adobe PDF

9037 - Overdrive WMA Audiobook
2785 - Overdrive MP3 Audiobook
I don't know if that's including the King County Library System as well, but they've got a huge selection as well. Both the Seattle library system and the KCLS are hands down the best libraries I've ever used, one of the things I love about living here. It's also one of the main reasons I didn't want to get a Kindle.
some call me tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #53
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
No, the Seattle numbers are ONLY for Seattle. The systems are seperate. I cannot take eBooks from the King County library as a Seattle resident.

King County's numbers:
245 - ePub
2785 - MobiPocket
3895 - PDF
Less than one third of Seattle's collection of eBooks.

So far Cleveland wins by about 1000 titles with Seattle a close second.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #54
rumcd
rumcd began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Kindle 3G, nook Classic, Sony PRS-500
Oregon is lucky to have the Oregon Digital Library Consortium (ODLC) which allows participating libraries access to a large collection through their Library2Go website:

Ebooks: 6989 (mostly epub, some pdf)
Audiobook MP3: 1489
Audiobook WMA: 5431
Video: 1602
rumcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #55
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
None in my local library, and none in the Paris area as far as I know. But these things change fast...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #56
mrbanana
Enthusiast
mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 505
Greater Phoenix Digital Library

epub 1948
mobi 394
pdf 16323

mp3 audiobooks 1907
wma audiobooks 16778

Yep, over sixteen thousand pdfs. Shame they don't look too good on my Sony 505, which is why I tend to only read epubs.

Even with such a large selection, for which I am grateful, I've pretty much read everything I want to read from there and look on those lucky people with an NYPL, Clevnet, Salt Lake County, or Seattle library card with envy.
mrbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #57
mlatham
mlatham began at the beginning.

Device: HDT Windows Mobile
I have 3 sites that I have access to, 5000+ audio on two of them 2500+ on the other. I have a little envy of the Navy site, they have close to 21,000 audio books at last check. I hope our sailors and marines are enjoying them and that they help them keep their sainity
mlatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #58
rvamp
rvamp began at the beginning.

Device: PC/HP Tablet/JBLite/PRS-650
Wisconsin Public Library Consortium - Overdrive - South Central

(not sure if it changes region to region)

All ebooks (pdf & epub, both drm): 670
All music: 178
All video: 318
All wma audiobooks: 4702
All mp3 audio books: 352
rvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #59
makani
Enthusiast
makani began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
Central California

In the libraries of the cities along the coast of central California and North the library system has 1774 ebooks.
makani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #60
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

I just realized that Overdrive is based in Cleveland.

Could that be the reason Clevnet has the most ebooks available?