Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Filter metadata requests

One of the great features of Calibre (among many...) is the ability to automate the downloading of metadata.

The request I have is for a way to filter the name (title) used for the search. This would be helpful for Audiobooks which usually have multiple parts - see the attachment for examples.

Ideally, I would like to be able to tell Calibre to strip off the Pt 1, Pt 2, etc when searching for metadata.

Currently, the Audiobooks have to be processed individually which feels like defeating the purpose of the automated process.

Any ideas welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.422.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	87051  
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
I suggest you use a blank/empty book entry - for the audiobook, and metadata as normal.

If you already have the txt version of an audiobook, you could just add a column or colour to denote its format ie audiobook
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
I suggest you use a blank/empty book entry - for the audiobook, and metadata as normal.

If you already have the txt version of an audiobook, you could just add a column or colour to denote its format ie audiobook
Thank you for the suggestion, but...

This is one of the ways I manage at the moment, but it is fiddly and rather unsatisfactory. An Audiobook can have up to five parts (in my experience) so you them have to manually copy the metadata and set the cover five times. This defeats the point of having an automated process.

I have just loaded a twenty eight book series containing sixty nine parts, each of which had to be manually handled...
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote